Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is not one very promising Czech Linda only: 13 yo Linda N. - who is only a few months older than Linda F. - has shown at least equal promise! :D

A month ago, she was runner-up of the U14 unofficial Slam of Les Petits As in France! :bounce: She was the 7th seed there, beat Mio Mushika 2 & 0 in R1, Aliona Falei 2 & 3 in R2, (10)Matilda Mutavdzic 3 & 2 in R3, leftie (1)Diana Shnaider 3 & 1 in QF and (5)Katja Wiersholm 2 & 2 in SF :bowdown:, before losing a heartbreaker to leftie 12 yo WC Alexandra Eala in the final, 7-5 3-6 6-7(5). :awww: :sobbing: :hug:
Her opponent's run has been mighty impressive as well, but she was pretty lucky and had to face only 1 seed on her way to the final, and a lower one (13th seed Dimitrova, whom she dispatched 1 & 3 in SF).

A couple weeks before this tournament, Linda played the Cat. 2 G16 in Milovice, where she made the SFs (she was the 2nd seed there, cruised to the SFs where she fell to 3rd seed Barbora Palicova, 7-5 6-7(6) 1-6 :SNE:). :)

Last year, she won 3 G14s. :) Linda N. leads the H2H between the Lindas, 3-1. :devil: All 4 matches were in 2016 though, and 3 of them were 3-setters, Linda H. won the last encounter. :bounce:

A week ago, Czech Republic (Linda² + Barbora Palicova) won the U14 Winter Cup! :rocker2:
They were the 2nd seeds, beat Belarus 3-0 in R1 (Linda F. d. Aliona Falei 2 & 4; Linda N. d. Evialina Laskevich 3 & 1; Linda² d. Falei/Laskevich 6-3 6-7(5) [11-9] :devil:), (4)Great Britain 2-1 (Linda F. d. Andrea Pineda 0 & 3; Linda N. lt. 5-7 0-6; Linda F. & Barbora d. Pineda/Shaw 4 & 3) and (1)Russia 2-1 in the final (Linda F. d. Erika Andreeva 3-6 6-3 6-3; Linda N. lt. Diana Shnaider 6-4 4-6 3-6; Linda² d. Andreeva/Shnaider 6-3 7-5)! :clap2:

I guess what's new for Linda is another big Cat. 1 G14 in France, TIM Essonne, at the beginning of March! :bounce: :cheer:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Re: Linda Nosková

I noticed that Les Petit As result - the Philippines' girl win made it to general topics board. I'm totally oblivous to junior schedulign and age categories though, just glad there are multiple promising czech juniors. hopefully this is a start of a long and rewarding thread to follow :)

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Forgot to add that Linda² won the title in doubles: they beat Ukrainian pair Soboleva/Zeynalova 3 & 2 in R1, upset top seeds Plekhanova/Shnaider 6-1 3-6 [10-3] i R2 and American 5th seeds Ovrootsky/Wiersholm 6-4 5-7 [10-6] in QF, schooled unseeded Belarusian pair Falei/Laskevich 1 & 4, and American WCs Montgomery/Scott (who thrashed 3rd seeds Sholokhova/Volgapkina in R2) 7-6(6) 6-3 in the final! :cool: :hi5:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Pics from Winter Cup finals:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Linda is the top seed at Cat. 1 U14 TIM Essonne, and she has a bye in R1 :bounce: Linda F. & Barbora are not playing it :eek: :sad:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Linda is the top seed at Cat. 1 U14 TIM Essonne, and she has a bye in R1 :bounce:
R2 vs. Juliette Bovy from Belgium :armed: :cheer:

Lindas are playing together in doubles, and are seeded 7 with a bye in R1 :bounce:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Linda beat Bovy 6-3 7-6(6) :yeah:

R3 vs. Maëlle Leclercq, who straight-setted (13)Jorge in R2 :armed: :cheer:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Linda had to work harder today, but she's booked her place for the QFs with a 6-2 4-6 6-3 win over Maëlle :yeah:

She'll face local leftie (5)Océane Babel, who thrashed (9)Muzykantskaya today, in QF :bounce: :cheer:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Lind thrashed Océane 3 & 2 :cool: :hi5:

One step away from the DREAM Linda² final :yippee:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Linda routined (12)Sofia Costoulas 4 & 4 in SF today :hi5: :cool:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This french girl spoiled our plans :(
Yes :( Plus I have no idea who she is, granted I don't follow French juniors very closely but she's not one of the hot most talked about names here, so I really wonder how she plays, etc...

·
Registered
235 Posts

Yes :( Plus I have no idea who she is, granted I don't follow French juniors very closely but she's not one of the hot most talked about names here, so I really wonder how she plays, etc...
She must be good. She will face the highest seeded Linda now (2nd Linda in a row) and 3rd Czech player in a row for the tittle :scared:

·
Premium Member
65,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I suppose she is ok, but I'm pretty sure it was more Linda who had a bad day today for whatever reason (fatigue, probably), and Linda N., who is fresher, will likely take care of her tomorrow :devil:

1 - 20 of 149 Posts