1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Only because she beat Graf :)

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Huh? I thought that the Sportimes was 14 and 9 and the Capitals are 14 and 11. This site has got some whacky info. And how is Likhotseva MVP? Didn't Hingis win all her doubles matches, all her mixed doubles matches, and only lost one singles match?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Ya probably because she beat Graf.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Now, it may seem rather biased, but i thought Hingis was clearly the MVP in WTT?....

She only lost ONE of her matches....3-5 to Shaughnessy, and absolutely wiped the floor in all of her doubles/mixed matches.

·
Registered
114,312 Posts
A Sacramento Capital since 1999, Likhovtseva receives the top honor as her first WTT post-season award. Ranked in the top five of women’s singles with a .625 winning percentage over 40 games played, her success in women’s singles vaulted the Capitals to the top spot in team rankings for that event.
Likhovtseva’s strength in singles resonated in mixed doubles where she teamed with Knowles to help the Capitals capture a first place finish in mixed doubles with a League best .578 wining percentage. Continuing her success in team play, Likhovtseva guided the Capital’s women’s doubles team, along with teammates Nicole Vaidisova and Anna Kournikova, to an impressive .533 winning percentage.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Okay, this is bullcrap.
Likhotseva's singles winning percentage: 0.625. Hingis': 0.75
Likhotseva's doubles winning percentage: 0.533 Hingis: 0.564
Likhotseva's mixed doubles: 0.578 Hingis: 0.558
But keep in mind that they don't count just individual player's winning percentages in doubles matches. For like doubles, they count the winning percentage of the whole team. I just don't see how this makes any sense. Hingis was better in singles and doubles. The Sportimes had the best record in the league, a better record than the capitals. Why did Likhotseva get MVP when it was clear cut that someone else was better. The Sportimes were undefeated when Martina played!

Reactions: go hingis

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Does anyone know if Martina will play in the semifinals?

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
I'm glad Elena won although I agree Martina was probably more valuable since her team lost almost every match when she didn't play.

·
Registered
114,312 Posts
I was surprised because I didn't think Elena was playing that well.
Vaidisova played Fed Cup, so Elena had to play a few matches.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,790 Posts
congrats to Lena, but the wrong choice IMO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts