·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF? :eek:

·
Banned
237 Posts
:wavey: She has never beaten Venus. Their head-to-head is 0-8.
:wavey: But I agree, Elena has some very good wins over top players (Monica in 1999, Jennifer in 2000, Serena in 2000, Kim in 2002).

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Elena's a very streaky player..kind of reminds me of Sandrine Testud. But Maria..:sad:

·
Banned
237 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
i thought she beat her in fed cup... my bad
:wavey: It was Elena Dementieva who beat Venus in a Fed Cup match.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Maria had a bad match and a bad tournament after 3 good tournaments in a row. :( But at the tender age of 16 that's going to happen. And I'll take every 3 out of 4 tournaments for Maria being good ones the next couple of years. :) That way she'll make steady progress which is what I'm looking for at this stage.

And Maria having probably never played an outdoors night match before this year has just played her third night match in a row! :eek: And she didn't play well in any of the 3 night matches. Playing night matches is not for everyone. Bjorn Borg immediately comes to mind. He hated playing at night. But Maria is going to be featured in alot of night matches in her career. So she better get used to playing them.

Congrats to Elena, the nicest of the Russina's! :D

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
at least she is getting expereince playing at night.

·
Premium Member
8,215 Posts
Elena kicked her ass. yeah Elena!!!!!!!!!!!! she played great, really frustrated Maria and then MAria tried to hit her way out of trouble, and she couldnt find the court at all. Elena really broke Maria down, what a good match For Elena:bounce:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Naldo said:
Elena kicked her ass. yeah Elena!!!!!!!!!!!! she played great, really frustrated Maria and then MAria tried to hit her way out of trouble, and she couldnt find the court at all. Elena really broke Maria down, what a good match For Elena:bounce:
finally

I was wondering whether Sharapova played bad or Elena just played good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.