Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening everyone!

I wanted to blog this week as I just love the Fed Cup experience! I thought it would be fun to share my amazing experience!

I hope your week has started as great as mine... I am not a fan of Mondays' cause it means back to work. If we are in a finals, we travel on a Monday and more than likely hit once we arrive at the next place. Or if we hadn't made the finals, it means we are practicing even harder for the next tournament. If we are not on the road, Monday's mean we had Sunday off and it's the start to another hard week's practice... Monday's are never just relaxing...

My Monday started by getting woken up at 7 am local time...

To read more, Go to www.blackandhuber.com
She'll be blogging all week! ;)

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Second entry online now:

Hey everyone!

Goodness, how time flies when you have fun! It's almost 10 pm.

Well, my day started with my alarm going off. You see at home I am awake between 5 and 5:30 am every day with no alarm. I took a Tylenol PM last night to make sure I would sleep through the night. It worked, which I am so grateful for, but it was tough to wake up. My alarm went off at 8 am, then 8:15, 8:30, 8:45 and then when it went off at 9 am, I was pretty disgusted with myself and made myself get up! My husband wouldn't believe me if I told him that I slept until 9 am!

I showered and went to breakfast. We have a banquet room just for Team USA. That's where we eat most of our meals. I think that's one of things I enjoy most about Fed cup week, is socializing around the table. .....

More on www.blackandhuber.com

If you have any question you'd like to ask Liezel, post it here, send me a PM or write to [email protected]
I'll pass it to Liezel, I promise.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Thanks for posting, Stefi :)

"The good news is that we got our work-outs in and felt great, and the better news is that we are going to find another gym to work out in for the rest of the week!"

:haha: Good one Liezel, that gym sounds terrible. And I can't believe they only have 1 court to practice on. :eek:

The picture with her and her dogs is cute :awww:

·
Registered
33,108 Posts
:haha: at the gym. She sounds really nice :awww: but I still can't get over the Wimbledon incident, which dampens my like of her quite a bit :unsure:

Oh well, let's hope the US can shock us :secret: I bet the Williams will suddenly have time in their schedules if the US makes the final :secret:

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Third entry online

Wow, it's late! Good evening everyone! I am going to write my blog in record speed tonight... it's 11 pm and I have to get up for an early practice tomorrow... Anyone who knows me, knows I need my sleep or else I am very cranky... and that is putting it mildly... My husband would say to stay clear of me...

I am watching CNN right now. South Africa voted today and I have been waiting to see how it went and if they have an outcome.

To read more, go on www.blackandhuber.com

Here are a few pictures taken by Liezel to illustrate her experience:

Tonight's dinner with the team:

Liezel and dogs (Ace, on the left, given by Martina Navratilova, and Dora):

Liezel on her bike the first day, jetlagged

Liezel before her computer, on www.blackandhuber.com 's homepage, waiting to blog:

WIth the team at the shop:

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
It's always a pleasure to read a Liz Blog :bounce:. Btw, she looks so young ( i mean allot younger than her real age :p ) and cute in the above pics :hearts: .

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fourth entry online:

Hi! Me again!

I even skipped Charades tonight to get my blog done earlier, so I could get my much needed sleep... It's 11:30 pm again...

My mom and I are having so much fun that I lost track of what I was SUPPOSE to do... yes, blog :) We ended up turning the room upside down looking for a pair of shoes that I swore I had packed and now can't find... I'll let you know in a second how I found out they were 'missing'. Anyway, I messaged my husband and he went through my closet and 'found' them.

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fifth entry:

U-S-A...U-S-A...U-S-A...

Hey everyone! That's what I did today. I cheered/ chanted/ screamed/ rung my bell/ you name it... And I know I did good. We had to compete with an entire stadium of Czech fans and their music band! It was rowdy! Sometimes we would scream to each other and still not hear the other one... It was an experience and I loved it!

Our team did their best and they did great. Bethanie played Kvitova, who was on fire. The match was decided by just a few points. ......

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last blog from the Fed Cup week! Congrats Liezel and US team!

GOOD EVENING! HEY! I'm so excited I feel like yelling, as you can see!

We won!!! My dad's words were:"we almost left it too late"... That's so true! I'll start you from the beginning...

We had an earlier start today, as there was 2 singles to be played and a doubles match. Bethanie lost to Safarova. There was a 20 min. break between the singles matches. Our job was to relax Alexa for her match. She did awesome yesterday and we had no doubt that she would be on fire today, but it was a big moment and could see Alexa looked nervous. Well, she sure fooled us and played beautiful! Alexa beat Kvitova 6-2, 6-1!!!!!! I went inside to the lounge try and relax before the doubles. ....

·
Registered
33,108 Posts
Last blog from the Fed Cup week! Congrats Liezel and US team!

We won!!! My dad's words were:"we almost left it too late"... That's so true! I'll start you from the beginning...

We had an earlier start today, as there was 2 singles to be played and a doubles match. Bethanie lost to Safarova. There was a 20 min. break between the singles matches. Our job was to relax Alexa for her match. She did awesome yesterday and we had no doubt that she would be on fire today, but it was a big moment and could see Alexa looked nervous. Well, she sure fooled us and played beautiful! Alexa beat Kvitova 6-2, 6-1!!!!!! I went inside to the lounge try and relax before the doubles. ....
Can you post the whole thing I can't get on the website :sad:

Liezel :banana:

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Fantastic blog from Liezel as usual, I've really enjoyed it. Wish she blogged more often.

Well done Liezel and Team USA this week and good luck Liezel/Cara in Stuttgart :bounce:

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

We had an earlier start today, as there was 2 singles to be played and a doubles match. Bethanie lost to Safarova. There was a 20 min. break between the singles matches. Our job was to relax Alexa for her match. She did awesome yesterday and we had no doubt that she would be on fire today, but it was a big moment and could see Alexa looked nervous. Well, she sure fooled us and played beautiful! Alexa beat Kvitova 6-2, 6-1!!!!!! I went inside to the lounge try and relax before the doubles. I couldn't relax, cause I was glued to the TV watching Alexa! She did great! Her winning meant we were tied at 2-2 going into the doubles. That's exactly where we wanted to be. I felt unsettled all of a sudden, so I messaged my husband and told him I needed him to say something/ anything! He wrote me back and his words were :" no expectations". It just means, go out and play. I also read over some of my notes I carry in my bag and felt more at ease. From the start of the week, Bethanie and I had planned to play the doubles. We considered if Alexa should play, as she was invincible. Bethanie and I was the more experienced pair, so we would go out there and try our hardest. We sure did, but couldn't get many games. Peschke was by far the do minant player and all over every ball. It seemed like we couldn't get the ball away from her. This lasted for too long. Before we knew it, we were down match point. 6-2,5-2 and AD to Czech. We thought we had it difficult up to this point, but now the real work needed to start cause we had a hole we had to dig ourselves out of! One step in front of the other, baby steps at first. We saved the game and was down 3-5. Then broke to go down 4-5. Then I served a good game to even it to 5-5. They held and we were down again, 5-6. Held Bethanie's serve and then played an unbelievable tie-break! I think we won it 7-1 or 7-2! We won the third set 6-1. They had it in their hands and we got lucky I guess. So lucky!

I felt so many emotions today and so did my team mates! Like I told you, I am on the best team. It was a huge team effort. I know Melanie didn't play this weekend, but without Melanie's win in Arizona, we wouldn't be here and also without Jill's win, we wouldn't be here. How awesome! Gosh, the match drained me physically and mentally! Nothing hurt at the time, but now I feel old!

We are in high spirits tonight. We ordered pizza in our room and everyone sat around a big table. We also got ice cream and coffees! And then we played Charades... It's amazing what practice does... I have improved 100%! I was actually a team captain and an asset to my team...he he he I say this every time Fed Cup comes to an end and I will say it again; I will miss everyone! I don't want the week to end... :-(

Now for the bad news...I still have to pack and we leave at 4 am. Not good. My mom and I are flying to the next tournament in Stuttgart, Germany. I already told my mom, when we get there we are going to the hotel and taking a nap. Cara and I have a practice court in the afternoon.

It's been my privilege to blog for you'll this week. I hope you have enjoyed the experience with me. Can't wait for Nov. Fed Cup final in Italy!!!!

Thank you. Thank Team USA. Thank you God for giving me the strength to hang in there today.

Until next time,
xoxoxo
Liezel

1 - 20 of 20 Posts