Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like hungry lionesses surrounding a wounded buffalo, Capriati, Seles and the remainder of the draw began to salivate furiously as they watched the broadcast of a limping VENUS WILLIAMS beating brandi.
---

---

True mana from heaven if VENUS cannot recover properly and the Aussie Open will really become wide open.

Hingis was seen in a local pub celebrating her new possibilities and Capriati now has even more serious dreams of a repeat.

However, if the VENUS can recover enough to win the slam in a wounded state as she did the U.S. Open with that virus, then an even greater foreboding will cover the tour with visions of VENUS scooping up all of the slams.

TR :cool:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I had a very bad feeling (as a Monica fan) that Venus will somehow win the whole thing. True Monica is in great form, but she never beat Venus, it is very worrying, Martina is playing well but really has not been tested by big babes yet so we dunno how she will play. But all the best to Monica, I think I have to go for what Monica say, 'take one match at a time' coz Francesca is a tough player, and I have been dreading that it may be an upset (very pessimistic I know, but US Open nightmare still remind me)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wongqks

Cheer up...Monica is winning tournament! Well if Venus is less than 90%. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that Monica seems to have picked up a bit of weight again...but I have faith that she can beat Hingis and Capriati, and yes even Venus given the right circumstances.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
thanks itsallaboutinis,

it is true that I am also a bit dissappointed that it seems Monica seems to gain a bit of weight lately (although I am only analysing this through the pic I saw recently), hopefully it does not cost her anything, I mean a real test will be able to tell us what level Monica is in, and in many case before she seems to lose it in the final set, so we need to see and I hope she can beat Venus and Martina and whoever go in Monica's way, she so deserve it and I want her back in no. 1 for at least 2 more years :) :)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Ignoring all that nonsense about buffaloes and lionesses, I'm sorry to hear that Venus has injured herself and I hope it's not too serious.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Get better Venus

I wish Venus will get back to 100% so we all can see great tennis.
I would love to see Venus and Jennifer in final, and you know who I pick as a winner :kiss:

Regards,
Goshka

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Yes, no doubt they were all terrified of a player who has never made the Final here. I am praying she gets healthy so Monica can beat her without any of this sort of BS.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Terrified? I doubt it. But any intelligent opponet or fan of an opponet of VENUS would be very concerned at the least. VENUS (6-0)and SERENA (4-1)has beaten Seles on previous occasions and I am sure that they will do so again in the immediate future as well.

Competitions are often won and lost on an opportunity taken or lost, so this tournament is not unique or unusual.

There are other tournaments and slams and I am sure if VENUS does not win she will certainly gain another slam this year and probabply Oz next year. :p

TR :angel:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts