Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, March 13, 2009

Hi everyone!

I just came from winning my second round match with Patty Schnyder. It was very tough. She plays so smart and made me work so hard to win every point. I was just focusing on myself and my tennis today, and I'm so happy to win. It's a little late now, about 8 o'clock, so my husband and I will go to dinner at this really good French restaurant and then I'll probably go to sleep!

My day off yesterday was very relaxing. I practiced once then had a massage, then just spent the rest of the day at the hotel, surfing the internet and talking to my friends on it too. I haven't seen the city too much yet but maybe tomorrow, we will see. There's a big shopping mall I want to go to, but I normally wait until the end of the tournament before I buy anything. It depends on how far I go :)

To all of you reading, I'll try my best to keep winning - trust me! I'll talk to you all again after my next match.

How do you stay positive during an injury lay-off? Robert, UK
Even when I am injured, I'm still working hard on everything. So I have to stay positive. It's hard. My team helps with that a lot. They are always behind me, supporting me. They push me a lot. Because it's not easy to be injured, and it's not easy to come back from it. They sometimes even yell at me to keep working harder, and I would just do it. It worked!

What's your favorite city to play in? Jenna, UK
Before it was Paris. It's so nice and relaxing, and it's so romantic. It doesn't seem as busy as other places. Now I like Indian Wells too. It just looks perfect. In practice here I looked at my coach and said, 'Look at the mountains and the sky, it looks like a postcard!' The weather is good too. It's just perfect here.

-----

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=3064

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
Let's hope that CTA doesn't put a limit to her spending :tape:
read the old news, she signed a contract with CTA to be more individual since the start of this year. :tape: she only needs to give 8 to 12% of her earnings from this year.

·
upset I can't delete posts anymore
10,148 Posts
Li Na no longer is affilated with the CTA. Her, Zheng Jie, Shuai Peng and another chinese player went off on their own. They still play fed cup and whatever though.

Also, the CTA limits spending and takes prize money because they pay for fitness trainers, physios, coaches, facilities, travel, housing, and managers.
They pay for everything for the players. Its actually quite a good system for lower ranked chinese players
(added the last bit because the CTA is supposedly a big bad monster)

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
read the old news, she signed a contract with CTA to be more individual since the start of this year. :tape: she only needs to give 8 to 12% of her earnings from this year.
No need to reply that SB:tape:

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Li Na no longer is affilated with the CTA. Her, Zheng Jie, Shuai Peng and another chinese player went off on their own. They still play fed cup and whatever though.

Also, the CTA limits spending and takes prize money because they pay for fitness trainers, physios, coaches, facilities, travel, housing, and managers.
They pay for everything for the players. Its actually quite a good system for lower ranked chinese players
Yan Zi I think is the other player, I think results of this year have been promising that it was a smart move, even though Yan hasn't played great this year, the other three have been pretty solid. The CTA has moved on to focus on its next crop of players, gotta get ready for those next olympics! ;) :eek:

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
Yan Zi I think is the other player, I think results of this year have been promising that it was a smart move, even though Yan hasn't played great this year, the other three have been pretty solid. The CTA has moved on to focus on its next crop of players, gotta get ready for those next olympics! ;) :eek:
she earns a lot of money from the endorsements like the ad with roger. :fiery: thats y she doesnt care and suck so much at tennis. :eek:

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
she earns a lot of money from the endorsements like the ad with roger. :fiery: thats y she doesnt care and suck so much at tennis. :eek:
She's going to be ranked really low soon, I think next week it will be around 250 or so, somewhere near Zhang :eek: . I was hoping she would do well at IW and Miami to keep her ranking up, but that isn't looking so great now...

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
She's going to be ranked really low soon, I think next week it will be around 250 or so, somewhere near Zhang :eek: . I was hoping she would do well at IW and Miami to keep her ranking up, but that isn't looking so great now...
shes R2 pts to defend at miami i think. out of top 300 soon. :scared: shes the first seed at family circle cup Q draw though. hope she gets into MD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts