Tennis Forum banner
1481 - 1500 of 1627 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
^ Nice. Thank you! I thought it was gonna be a pic of them in a car on a roadtrip going to Coachella or something. :ROFLMAO:
Haha they're definitely not close like that. The extent of their relationship is compatriots who see each other at tourneys and BJK Cup (if Bibi ever even participates in that again lol)

FYI whenever we mention Bianca in Leylah's forums we're almost always talking about her little sister Bianca Jolie 👍

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
FYI whenever we mention Bianca in Leylah's forums we're almost always talking about her little sister Bianca Jolie 👍
Yeah, that threw me off for a minute. I was like: What? Leylah and Bibi in the same car together? Why?

I think for the "She Is Canadian" forums going forward we should call Andreescu Bibi and Leylah's sister Bianca exclusively. Cuts down on the confusion.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Leylah posted an IG story in a car with Bianca... so pretty sure she's in Toronto :love: The trees outside def look like my city's trees LOL

Btw, is there really no way to track the results of the pre-qualy tournament until they announce the QWC recipient? Ugh
I was told that Leylah is not in Toronto yet; that she has something to do back home first.
Unless someone was LYING to me!!
But also, logically, if she were in Toronto now, I would think the tournament would take advantage of that, and she'd be visible (and audible) doing some local publicity for the tournament - some TV and radio interviews, etc.

(I saw the short video of her and Bianca in the car, and there is no way you can tell if those were 'Toronto trees' or not! 🙃)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if she's in Toronto now or not. What matters is whether she'll play in the tournament or not.
And, as I said, I'm expecting an announcement on her status for the tournament today or tomorrow (although they might hold it back if she's not playing, hoping to sell a few more tickets to people expecting to see her - tournaments tend to do these things).

And yes, it would be nice if we could follow the pre-qualifying on the tournament website. But honestly, I think the only reason that the pre-qualifying is getting any attention at all is because 'Leylah's sister' is playing it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
(I saw the short video of her and Bianca in the car, and there is no way you can tell if those were 'Toronto trees' or not! 🙃)
LOL 😆 You know.. by 'Toronto trees,' I mainly mean not Floridian palm trees etc. Plus she's with her sister in the vid, who is in Toronto.

I'm always looking for ways to be optimistic 👌

Anyway, I'll just be here twiddling my thumbs for the next day and a half (and watching a bit of tennis 😛) before the draw waiting to see if she withdraws...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
^ So negative.:ROFLMAO:

I'm more worried about Emma playing today on this super hot and humid day in D.C. against Camila Osorio who Leylah beat in March.
We're realistic over here my friend... :LOL: Our girl hasn't played in over 2 months

And Camila is one of my faves so I will be rooting for her today, sorry 😅
I do fully expect Emma to beat her though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Crossing my fingers to see Leylah at the practice courts at the free weekend coming up here. ;)
I would think so. According to what I was told, she and Jorge were packing and leaving for Toronto yesterday (Thursday). They stayed in Florida to see the doctor on Thursday for the final decision about her foot and whether she'd play Toronto or not.

That said, don't expect to have a long conversation with her at the practice court area... I'm sure she'll be surrounded by security personnel, etc., and that there will be a lot of fans wanting autographs and photos. Which is kind of a shame, as I always prefer it when players, coaches, etc. are accessible to fans for a chat, not just a quick scribble and/or photo. But with success comes popularity (and security, and restrictions, etc.)...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Based on the medical literature I’ve read online, please correct me if I’m wrong, grades II and III stress fractures have an average healing time of 13 weeks which will be August 30th. She’s currently at Week 10… hope she’s doing much better ❤🏆

·
Registered
LAF work ethics
814 Posts
Based on the medical literature I’ve read online, please correct me if I’m wrong, grades II and III stress fractures have an average healing time of 13 weeks which will be August 30th. She’s currently at Week 10… hope she’s doing much better ❤🏆
Yup, it's realistic medically to not expect her to be 100% on the courts in August. She will have to play accordingly to avoid any setback until the USO, so i don't expect her moveset to be more than 70-80% of her usual, but i'm so impatient to see her play! The first things i'll check is her footsteps and serve jump.

Reactions: tennisfan2022
1481 - 1500 of 1627 Posts