Tennis Forum banner
601 - 620 of 667 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
After seeing some of her latest workouts and tennis drills, I am convinced that she will do what it takes to be the best. I know this Filipino girl, who tried out for an NFL cheerleader team throughout her 30's and never made the squad (I'm sure they were looking for someone younger). Anyways she applied her energy and focus towards fitness and bodybuilding and has continuously won 1st place in her division year after year. When I see her focus on her fitness training and compare it to Leylah, I see that same intensity and do what it takes attitude.

There maybe similarities between Leylah and her sister Bianca with Naomi Osaka and her sister Mari.
Bianca doesn't possess the natural love and instinctive passion for tennis that Leylah possesses. And you can't teach someone that stuff. If it's there, it's there - if it's not, it's not. And nothing will change that because it is your very identity.

The comparison between the Osaka sisters will very likely be quite accurate with Leylah and Bianca... Naomi is a top 10 tennis player... Mari is best known for being Naomi's sister on 'social media'. That's pretty much how it will play out with Leylah and Bianca, I firmly believe.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Bianca doesn't possess the natural love and instinctive passion for tennis that Leylah possesses. And you can't teach someone that stuff. If it's there, it's there - if it's not, it's not. And nothing will change that because it is your very identity.

The comparison between the Osaka sisters will very likely be quite accurate with Leylah and Bianca... Naomi is a top 10 tennis player... Mari is best known for being Naomi's sister on 'social media'. That's pretty much how it will play out with Leylah and Bianca, I firmly believe.
That's more than little presumptuous, knowing how much "natural love and instinctive passion" Bianca has relative to Leyleh.
And anyway, passion isn't instinctive.
If bianca was winning and Leyleh wasn't, you'd probably say the opposite.
Either way, it's extremely presumptuous. And not what accounts for their recent results.

·
Registered
20,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
That's more than little presumptuous, knowing how much "natural love and instinctive passion" Bianca has relative to Leyleh.
Either way, it's extremely presumptuous. And not what accounts for their recent results.
Bianca here is Leylah ‘s sister not Andreescu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
110 Posts
^ That's twice in one week that you've accused me of things simply because you failed to understand the context of what I wrote - even though the context is very clear if you actually follow the thread (the other time was in the 'Fernandez forehand' thread.) Hell, I even quote the posts I respond directly to in order to make it especially clear. There's nothing more I can do on my end - it's up to you to pay attention..
I don't see anyone else here having this problem. Please pay more attention to what you read before you start typing a response. That way, you can be sure exactly what you're responding to. It's not a difficult task.
And yes, ROXITOVA, in case you're still confused, this response is for you.

Bianca here is Leylah ‘s sister not Andreescu
^ Thank you for explaining what I believe was obvious to everyone else. Much appreciated.
Hopefully, no further explanations of this type will be required.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
They lived for 13 years in Laval, just north of Montreal. She said so in the Podium Documentary. She was 17 when she said that. So only 4 years spent in Florida to this day.
Even Stephanie Miles tweeted the wrong info that Leylah spent much of her youth in Florida LOL

Great win yesterday against a tricky opponent. Nice friendly embrace at the net. I think they have practiced together a few times since 2017.

·
Registered
20,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 ·
They lived for 13 years in Laval, just north of Montreal. She said so in the Podium Documentary. She was 17 when she said that. So only 4 years spent in Florida to this day.
Even Stephanie Miles tweeted the wrong info that Leylah spent much of her youth in Florida LOL

Great win yesterday against a tricky opponent. Nice friendly embrace at the net. I think they have practiced together a few times since 2017.
Doesn’t make it 6 years (19-13)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
110 Posts
Leylah just turned 19 a month ago.
They lived elsewhere in the Montreal area before they moved to Laval.
I'm pretty sure they moved to Florida around late 2017 - which makes it 4 years ago.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just watched the Alizé match.
1st set was fast and furious in favour of Leylah.
After that it was an entertaining match. Good win.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
^ That's twice in one week that you've accused me of things simply because you failed to understand the context of what I wrote - even though the context is very clear if you actually follow the thread (the other time was in the 'Fernandez forehand' thread.) Hell, I even quote the posts I respond directly to in order to make it especially clear. There's nothing more I can do on my end - it's up to you to pay attention..
I don't see anyone else here having this problem. Please pay more attention to what you read before you start typing a response. That way, you can be sure exactly what you're responding to. It's not a difficult task.
And yes, ROXITOVA, in case you're still confused, this response is for you.

^ Thank you for explaining what I believe was obvious to everyone else. Much appreciated.
Hopefully, no further explanations of this type will be required.
Please pay more attention to what I read?
On the Leyleh straight arm FH thread I made it was you who responded to me with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and other misunderstandings of my initial post.

In case you're confused Deuce, this post is for you.

601 - 620 of 667 Posts