Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Side note: This statement was translated from Spanish. I don't know if it makes a difference but just putting that out there.

No doubt losing in her first slam final was tough and I think she's using it for motivation for sure. I read (or listened to?) an interview before where she said both losses and victories motivate her because when she loses it makes her want to work harder to get a different result and when she wins she wants to experience the feeling again. Great mindset (y)

·
Registered
416 Posts
She can’t accept the defeat because she knows in her heart of hearts that she is the better player.

After her loss at the us open, she reacted like a champion would, worked hard for a month to improve her serve and transition game. Her hard work paid off at Indian wells, where her transition game was in full display, and she was a good tie-break away from getting to the quarterfinals. That is a theme in Leylah’s young career. She always figures things out, always looks to improve, and she never makes excuses.

I don’t think she’ll ever accept the US open defeat. That’s okay, as long as she doesn’t dwell on it and keeps looking forward.
Pride is the most common sin. Keep thinking like that and her ego will destroy her.

·
Registered
704 Posts
She's a sore loser? Shock horror
The sooner she fades back into obscurity the better

·
Registered
151 Posts
Who needs Santa when we have Leylah?🤡

merry Xmas Leylah and look forward to your 2022 , the best yet to come with a great mindset. 🎾

·
Registered
416 Posts
Probably all of them lol. Leylah just readily speaks her mind
Hope it doesn't stay in her mind. Pride/ego leads to excuses.

~3% in improvements? I thought Emma's service game can improve by ~10% ( to get into the top 10 ). It was Emma's service game that beat her.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
All champions have a certain amount of pride and ego. It’s about not letting that get in the way of self-improvement.
She is not a champion yet, give her time.
Hope it doesn't stay in her mind. Pride/ego leads to excuses.

~3% in improvements? I thought Emma's service game can improve by ~10% ( to get into the top 10 ). It was Emma's service game that beat her.
There was not much in it, serve and Emma backhand better slighly, liked Leylah open court forehand more. Both move similarly well.

I think both will compete well in AO and USO, dont think clay either are BBB enough

Big serve game is needed to be back end of most big tournaments (except clay and slow courts). Both have great direction on serve, emma is just taller..

21 - 40 of 199 Posts