Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
She couldn’t accept the rules when her opponent had a bleeding leg on court so no surprise to see this

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
It should be a hard pill to swallow so young and it’s good she’s mad about it. I want to see the improvements. The mentality is there. But she needs to improve in all departments and get a weapon going

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Poor girl. I hope she gets over it as soon as possible. Digesting failures for too long may be detrimental to one's confidence.

·
Registered
154 Posts
She can’t accept the defeat because she knows in her heart of hearts that she is the better player.

After her loss at the us open, she reacted like a champion would, worked hard for a month to improve her serve and transition game. Her hard work paid off at Indian wells, where her transition game was in full display, and she was a good tie-break away from getting to the quarterfinals. That is a theme in Leylah’s young career. She always figures things out, always looks to improve, and she never makes excuses.

I don’t think she’ll ever accept the US open defeat. That’s okay, as long as she doesn’t dwell on it and keeps looking forward.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts