Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm old and slow and accidentally posted a duplicate thread...

The good: Venus was solid. Moved surprisingly well and served well. It looks like she's simplified the service motion a bit, her weight is going forward/she's not falling off to the side as much. Her groundies were as crisp as ever, with very little spraying.

The bad: Vika. Azarenka looked lost out there and was lucky to win five games. Her shots had no weight on them. Venus of all people got to every ball with time to spare. I don't expect Vika to serve well but I do expect her to rally and return well. Aside from a few good returns on easy second serves, she was pretty dreadful. Several misses were well outside the doubles court.

Venus desperately needs the points so I'll be rooting for her against little sis. Vika has a lot to figure out.

·
Registered
18,493 Posts
Seeing a 40 yo athlete out there trying her best, looking for ways to keep doing what she loves—it's all so inspiring. Venus is an incredible advocate for the sport. I mean, changing your service motion at 40? These are the types of adjustments that someone like Vika should consider. She's trying to play like it's summer 2012. And that's just not a real possibility right now, and I do wish she would find other ways to elevate her level.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Vintage. Her groundies sounded (and looked) sooo clunky. New serve seems very effective too.

·
Banned
7,874 Posts
That was beautiful to watch. 40? Nah - I wanna see her birth certificate 🤣

Wasn't Vika supposed to rule the tour on her return (according to her fans)?

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Banned
86,106 Posts

Reactions: PLP and Conjoshruk

·
Registered
8,807 Posts
The only match which impressed me today. From a veteran of the sport, well done Venus. She was so happy, too bad I couldn't hear the interview. Vika girl, maybe she is trusting the process.

Are all results threads going to be R18 :oops:
Yes because Momma is a proper lady who does not bare her mussy, but is not above revealing it's delicate sensations.

·
Registered
102 Posts
She's playing like she did in 2017. Such an inspiration and I'm writing this while Sloth Stephens is putting in a lazy and unprofessional performance in the background, something Venus has never been guilty of. The improved serve aside, her movement in particular was noteworthy.
Guest was her usual floppy self. No serve and under powered as usual. Without the rally consistency she had at her peak she's such an unremarkable player.

·
Milk and honey
3,758 Posts
Venus’s new service motion is SO much better for where she is now and it’s taken a quarantine for her to finally fix it! 😱 She has made changes over the years but not enough at times. So happy to see this taking pressure off her, and her second serve is looking more reliable which can only help her going forward.

The break has done her a lot of good and she’s looking the freshest and most injury free I’ve seen her for years. Into her 40’s yet she continues to find ways to improve her game! Astonishing really, she is such an inspiration. Such a fun R2 against Serena to look forward to in R2, I give Serena the edge in 3, based on today’s form Venus would win but Serena will obviously turn it up a few notches for the next one. As for Vee, I’m just hoping the changes she’s made and her healthier body lead to an upturn in form for her, this is definitely a good start!

The less said about Vika the better. I wish her the best, and feel for her fans at the moment as I genuinely think this is the end for her now (I can’t believe she’s 31 now) but we’ll wait and see.

·
Banned
13 Posts
no tea no shade hunty

azarenka looks much older than her age. there is a lot of sun damage to her skin.

before vika starts working on her game she needs to invest in a good hydrating moisturizer.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I thought Guest had retired ages ago.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts