·
Banned
86,106 Posts
Guest was so hopeless and helpless.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Nice to see Venus serving well again.

Azarenka - same old, same old. Can't keep the ball in play no matter how hard she tries... it's exhausting at this point but it is what it is.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Grandma snapped!!! First win of the decade at last… praise Jehovah.

When I saw the draw I did NOT think she would be the one playing the cleanest match of this section. Very few unforced errors and better serving than Serena… only one double fault? 👀 Is it 1998? Her hitting a perfect defensive lob winner on MP from metres behind the baseline was just wild.

Working her ass off during quarantine has really paid off. Queen you better take this Bluegrass Orthopaedics Slam! 😭

I feel for Vika, she can’t get any momentum going. I actually think if they had seen the draw before the deadline these two might have signed up for doubles together.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Venus played so well!
The new serve does wonders. Especially for her 2nd serve too. She really held her nerve in tense service games. A liability in the past.
Her ground game was pretty good too and if she reduces some timing mistakes it can get even better.
Her defense was way better than 2019. She sometimes pulled her hip in the 2nd set though so let‘s hope there‘s no new injury growing there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The good: Venus was solid. Moved surprisingly well and served well. It looks like she's simplified the service motion a bit, her weight is going forward/she's not falling off to the side as much. Her groundies were as crisp as ever, with very little spraying.

The bad: Vika. Azarenka looked lost out there and was lucky to win four games. Her shots had no weight on them. Venus of all people got to every ball with time to spare. I don't expect Vika to serve well but I do expect her to rally and return well. Aside from a few good returns on easy second serves, she was pretty dreadful. Several misses were well outside the doubles court.

Venus desperately needs the points so I'll be rooting for her against little sis. Vika has a lot to figure out.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Hot damn! Can't wait to see highlights!

·
Banned
86,106 Posts

·
Banned
86,106 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think theres already a thread about this match! But nevertheless I agree with everything you said, Venus' new serve looks much better, more simplified. Good solid groundstrokes as well. Vika's game seems like such a mesd. She really needs to go back to the drawing board.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts