Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very dominant performance from Jennifer to become the first winner in Lexington MD. She picked it her game up right where she left it at the start of the year. Very good display and she could very well be a contender here this week!
Not much Heather could do really.

·
Registered
41,094 Posts
Heather was nowhere and she actually was playing well a couple of weeks ago. I think she was just dominated hopefully she’ll be alright next time

Brady very clinical :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Brady has been so good all summer.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Heather <insert Mariah Carey gif>

Tough draw. Jen has been playing well all summer as others say, and all year really, but I wasn't expecting such an emphatic scoreline. I'm watching Konta, so didn't get to see any of it, and probably just as well, ha.

·
Registered
8,748 Posts
Hev was the favorite for the title.

·
Registered
19,897 Posts
has Watson done anything of note in recent seasons?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hev's one of only 13 players to have won a WTA Tour singles title this year. One of her better seasons but just not yesterday.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Brady has been so fierce since that training block in Germany. I'm honestly expecting her to snatch wigs all US hard court summer. Her level is much higher than her ranking and she will be a dangerous floater in any draw.

This year with barely any tournaments played, she has recorded wins over Barty, Sharapova, Muguruza, Svitolina, Vondrousova, Hsieh, Riske, and only lost to Kvitova, Halep, Kuznetsova (at home in Russia), and a peaking Jabeur.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Heather was in the best form she's been in for years, when the pandemic struck. She's nudging the top 50.

Not her day yesterday.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Told you Watson is nothing as a player! Winning tournaments in Mexico against nobodies, against teenagers with overrated talent...

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Loving the form this year from Jenny. She hasn’t had the huge results that have thrown some younger Americans in the spotlight, but wow she has gotten so fit, and just keeps getting better and better. Waiting for a really big tourney soon

·
Registered
16,115 Posts
Watson's game is just trash when players with abilities play well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts