Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

Banned
馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Registered
boring match, Leylah wasnt challenged at all, but i'm glad she made it through the next round:)
and you'd think Sloane would want revenge...

Registered
Bittersweet. Really happy for Leylah, and hope she can get in the top 100 soon, and a fairly decent chance she'll face a Williams in a few days, but man, Sloane has played 6 players outside the top 100 in 2020, 3 outside the top 200, and she has ONE win all year. Didn't feel a surprise at all, and pretty amazing she's as high as 37. She's been so poor for so long.

Solid enough for Leylah, and wasn't really extended. Pretty routine.

Registered
Well done Leylah, but I don't really get what's happening with Sloane right now. At her best (the 2017 US Open final and the first set and a bit of the FO final in 2018), she's a fantastic player. So why is she so weak at the moment? I haven't heard of any recent injuries, so is it just a motivational issue?

Registered
Well done Leylah, but I don't really get what's happening with Sloane right now. At her best (the 2017 US Open final and the first set and a bit of the FO final in 2018), she's a fantastic player. So why is she so weak at the moment? I haven't heard of any recent injuries, so is it just a motivational issue?
Have you seen her? She's huge.

Milk and honey
Have you seen her? She's huge.
She鈥檚 gained a lot of weight during lockdown for sure, but she was playing terribly way before that. It鈥檚 a question of motivation and Sloane鈥檚 motivation hasn鈥檛 been the same since early 2019, and by the end of 2019 going into the year she can鈥檛 even get up at all now once in a blue moon, every single match is played without care, or any footwork. Until she literally starts trying properly again she鈥檚 not going to go anywhere, as barely moving ruins your timing, positioning, balance...

She鈥檚 always had up and down motivations but this is truly rock bottom and I have to admit I never thought she would sink this far down. Hope that she pulls it together at some point because right now she is the definition of a walking bye.

Registered

Sloth Stephens desperately needs a good psychologist to help her through whatever mental issues she's facing.

As for Leylah, nice win :) She'll be well within the top 100 if she keeps this up.

Registered
Stephens and Azarenka taking those fat appearance checks and getting out of town. I wouldn't be suprised if they both got 6-figure guarantees. The agents must have had some fun with this event.

Registered
Bittersweet. Really happy for Leylah, and hope she can get in the top 100 soon, and a fairly decent chance she'll face a Williams in a few days, but man, Sloane has played 6 players outside the top 100 in 2020, 3 outside the top 200, and she has ONE win all year. Didn't feel a surprise at all, and pretty amazing she's as high as 37. She's been so poor for so long.

Sloane is thanking God for not losing her points during the clay season this year, otherwise she would've been a long time ago out of top 100.

Reactions: Perun

Registered
A win over Sloane now days is nothing to crow about, even Genie could beat her.

Nice win for Leylah however, she was looking good before the break, and this could have been a banana skin for her.

Registered
Slow Anne looked like she was at work forced to do a boring job. Leylah can't get enough of tennis. She's always ON and consistent unless she gets nervous or out of gas. You have to love what you do.

Registered

Sloth Stephens desperately needs a good psychologist to help her through whatever mental issues she's facing.

As for Leylah, nice win :) She'll be well within the top 100 if she keeps this up.
Who knows what鈥檚 going on with her . She was ok during the Charlestons exhibition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Watch her win the u.s open again hahaha

Registered
Fernandez is amazing but my worry about her now is how undersized she is.

Will be interesting to see what direction her game takes as she develops.

No words for Scone.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts