Tennis Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Some of these comments are harsh. She was tired. Nothing more to read into it.
I know, kudos to ALL the players getting out there right now and doing their best. Challenging conditions for everyone.
That 2nd rd vs V was fun, 3 3 setters in a row was too much. Serena needs matches, like most of the players right now.
Shelby is a talented player too, credit for pulling it out, rough 3 setter.

·
Registered
15,830 Posts
shelby has one of the cleanest games on tour, happy to see her get this win. unfortunately she was just completely gassed out against jil as a result :( players can never follow up their serena upsets.

Reactions: Rena P and PLP

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Great win for Shelby, but Serena went missing in that match!

·
Banned
295 Posts
Let’s face some hard facts.

A Shelby, Snow White, or Sevastova would never even dream of toppling Serena late in a third set five years ago.

I hope Serena goes deep in New York, but the only two players she is guaranteed to beat in the draw are Venus and Azarenka.

Sharapova has unfortunately retired.
I miss Maria's face when she loses :)

·
Registered
55,223 Posts
Her slump continues …
Serena has totally lost the mental strength she once had (before the pregnancy).

Very happy for talented and sweet Rogers :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
She hasn't been building her fitness for the past 3 years after giving birth. What makes you think she's going to do it during lockdown?
In her defense, she has slimmed down, but that's only part of the equation. Mommy and Wifey Serena ain't winning no 24 until and unless she puts her tennis and fitness FIRST. It is what it is.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Serena's movement has slowed, but what's concerning me is that there seems to be less power in her serve and strokes. I remember in Kim's first comeback, her movement slowed, but she had more pop in her strokes - and that helped her immensely.

Whatever, I could be completely wrong. Maybe Serena needs these tough losses to kick it into high gear. I believe she was make it 24 (hopefully more).

·
Registered
55,223 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
She hasn't been building her fitness for the past 3 years after giving birth. What makes you think she's going to do it during lockdown?
Serena's game is just not there right now. It almost seems like she only practices/trains once a week to stay fresh and that doesn't cut it. Her game is below 2006 level right now.
Kim was NOT in shape during the first year of her comeback but still won the USOpen when the matches and draws really opened up for her. But she worked hard in 2010 and looked FIT.

·
SharaFamily
21,321 Posts
Serena's movement has slowed, but what's concerning me is that there seems to be less power in her serve and strokes. I remember in Kim's first comeback, her movement slowed, but she had more pop in her strokes - and that helped her immensely.

Whatever, I could be completely wrong. Maybe Serena needs these tough losses to kick it into high gear. I believe she was make it 24 (hopefully more).
Slow or not she still can win GS if her serve's on fire.
Noone wirte Serena's off if her serve still good

101 - 112 of 112 Posts