Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
32,205 Posts
Not weird at all, it's called social distancing and Serena has a child to protect, that's all.. I think she is just being extra careful.
Um being extra careful is one thing, but being scared to bump tennis racquets — when every single other player is doing so — is definitely weird. She's taking it to the next level and there's nothing wrong with that but it is abnormal, let's be honest with ourselves. Weird does not mean bad.

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Everyone, their is your 2020 U.S. Open champion Serena Williams, Nope. Shelby has a better chance.

Coco will win Lexington now.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The entire match is on YouTube.
4 hrs long and it includes about 1 hr of rain at the beginning, which you may skip over.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
She's so finished.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Um being extra careful is one thing, but being scared to bump tennis racquets — when every single other player is doing so — is definitely weird. She's taking it to the next level and there's nothing wrong with that but it is abnormal, let's be honest with ourselves. Weird does not mean bad.
Serena may have been infected by the dreaded Bouchard virus, I don't shake no hands or bump no rackets!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Don"t count her out for 24. In GS is one day break between matches.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
You're entitled to your opinion and no, not everyone is bumping racquets, Laura didn't even look at her opponent let alone bump racquets.

·
Registered
9,009 Posts

·
Milk and honey
3,797 Posts
She ran out of gas, no battery left today so it’s not too surprising of a result, especially when you consider how good Shelby Rogers is when she’s on song. A career at times ruined by injury, but I really hope that she can stay healthy for a good chunk of time now and get back to where she once was, if not even higher.

Serena needed matches this week and she got them, it was never pretty but she’s played 9 sets of tennis which is huge for her match fitness, as well as her fitness overall. At this point, stamina is always a question mark these days but she has time to turn it up a few notches for the USO, and with the day off in between I think she’ll be alright. Whether she wins 24 there or not I don’t know, but given every player is rusty right now, there are a few notable absences in the draw and the bubble environment takes away some of the pressure and the fanfare, there’s no better chance than now for Serena if she is going to do it.

Reactions: LiamTennis

·
always getting what i want
18,195 Posts
Shelby you absolute legend!!!

·
18,195 Posts
looks like slams are physically easier for SW. 7 matches in 2 weeks instead of 5 matches in a week.
It really shows with all the slams she's won since her return.

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
This is worse than Craybas? Lol

·
18,195 Posts
Reactions: VeeJJ

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
One bad loss and everyone writes her off. She still made 4 slam finals in last 2 seasons. Never write off Serena!

In slams she will be in different zone unlike rome and madrid. She needs to bring that in final though.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts