Tennis Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,227 Posts
What impresses me with Coco is her grit, that will to win.
I hope she can keep that for the future, it is what makes a great player a champion

·
Registered
52,608 Posts
Jabeur could have won both sets 6/2 ... :(

congrats Coco though (y) I root for her to lift the trophy but Brady is my pick to win it all

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Imagine being just 2 matches away from your 2nd WTA title at just 16. Saying I'm impressed with Coco here doesn't even begin to cover it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ugh....someone, anyone, beat her please. I do not like the brat.
Yikes, what did this 16 year old do to you!

As for saying you aren't impressed.....she's a SIXTEEN year old that can serve over 110 MPH, has a killer backhand, can actually mix it and not just BBB plus she has insane defense and can be clutch and composed in tight moments. In what world is that NOT impressive?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I still think Gauff struggles against solid players with variety, Jabeur's fitness and nerve probably let her down here. Brady is the type of player Gauff loves playing, lots of power for her to redirect.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Damn how lucky is this girl? Dont get me wrong, her persistence is very impressive, but her opponents seem to play at their absolute worst against her. I will never forget that pathetic performance from Osaka at AO, and Sabalenka here was in a similar range. And now Jabeur. Her first serve percentage in the decider was 9%(!). It cant get much worse than that.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I watched the match last night. Jabeur was effectively 2 classes superior and she felt it, she acted superior and started to play like she already won the match, almost clowning around with shots that sometimes was hit sometimes was miss, only to show off and impress Cori. Too bad this strategy didn't impressed too much the young american and Jabeur didn't learned when to stop clowning around and play serious. I gave up at the beginning of the third, I knew Ons was out of fuel and Gauff was gonna win. This is the price to pay when you think you are superior but you don't take stuff seriously.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I watched the match last night. Jabeur was effectively 2 classes superior and she felt it, she acted superior and started to play like she already won the match, almost clowning around with shots that sometimes was hit sometimes was miss, only to show off and impress Cori. Too bad this strategy didn't impressed too much the young american and Jabeur didn't learned when to stop clowning around and play serious. I gave up at the beginning of the third, I knew Ons was out of fuel and Gauff was gonna win. This is the price to pay when you think you are superior but you don't take stuff seriously.
I’m not sure Ons was clowning or over confident. I think she’s just a player who plays flashy and drop shots too much. I actually think yesterday was her usual game. She did the same in a match of hers I watched last year.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Damn how lucky is this girl? Dont get me wrong, her persistence is very impressive, but her opponents seem to play at their absolute worst against her. I will never forget that pathetic performance from Osaka at AO, and Sabalenka here was in a similar range. And now Jabeur. Her first serve percentage in the decider was 9%(!). It cant get much worse than that.
Aside from her back-to-back slams, Naomi has never been the most consistent player, though she does have the game to dominate if she can focus. Sabalenka is erratic and prone to over hitting and has hit herself off the court against many players, not just against Coco. If Coco can stay intense and keep her will to win, she’ll beat many players and have a good career.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts