Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Milk and honey
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread?

Surprised at the brutal scoreline, but not at the result. Jen was playing really well before the break and it’s good to see her continuing that form so soon into the restart already. Bouzkova is quite a limited player in the sense that when a player like Brady is in form and playing at her best, there’s not much she can do but hope for an implosion.

The Rogers-Teichmann match doesn’t quite peak my interest but Brady-Gauff has a lot of potential if both bring their A-games.

·
Registered
376 Posts
No thread?

Surprised at the brutal scoreline, but not at the result. Jen was playing really well before the break and it’s good to see her continuing that form so soon into the restart already. Bouzkova is quite a limited player in the sense that when a player like Brady is in form and playing at her best, there’s not much she can do but hope for an implosion.

The Rogers-Teichmann match doesn’t quite peak my interest but Brady-Gauff has a lot of potential if both bring their A-games.
Same! I was expecting Brady to take this one, but the onesided scoreline was quite unfortunate for Bouzkova. Brady really exposed major weaknesses in her game.

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
Brady has become a beast since that German fitness block. Serve and forehand are just flying through this court... and she's not making any errors when she goes for really big winners. I don't want to count my chickens before they've hatched but I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the USO SF in a month's time.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Brady's scorelines this week are really impressive and not against bad players. 62 61 against Watson, 62 63 against Linette and now 61 62 against Bouzkova. Should be favorite to win title here now but you never know what game Gauff will bring up in SF

·
Registered
19,981 Posts
Brady has become a beast since that German fitness block. Serve and forehand are just flying through this court... and she's not making any errors when she goes for really big winners. I don't want to count my chickens before they've hatched but I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the USO SF in a month's time.
Good point about her fitness; she does looks physically fit, also displayed good lateral movement to the ball. Very authoritative match from her. She's one of those smaller names that people are terrified to see in the draw.

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Jenny not playing around this tournament.
I always wondered how she would lose to players with much more limited game than hers in the past.

·
Milk and honey
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I first saw Jen in 2016 Stanford against Cornet, but it was only 2017 when I started to get a proper look at her game. She always struck me as a player with a lot of untapped potential, and since she’s got into great shape we are starting to see that potential slowly unlock itself. She was brilliant in Brisbane and Dubai, and gave Halep a great first set tussle at the AO.

She has clean technique and ridiculously easy power, it’s always been a case for her of how to contain it and play at 70-80%. She’s starting to do that and it’s exciting to watch! Serve is huge too as you said. Watched her live in the Nottingham semis last year and liked what I saw, she’s been very slowly trending upwards for a long time now. If she can handle the pressure and the occasion, there’s no reason why on her game and level alone she can’t go that far at the US.

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
I first saw Jen in 2016 Stanford against Cornet, but it was only 2017 when I started to get a proper look at her game. She always struck me as a player with a lot of untapped potential, and since she’s got into great shape we are starting to see that potential slowly unlock itself. She was brilliant in Brisbane and Dubai, and gave Halep a great first set tussle at the AO.

She has clean technique and ridiculously easy power, it’s always been a case for her of how to contain it and play at 70-80%. She’s starting to do that and it’s exciting to watch! Serve is huge too as you said. Watched her live in the Nottingham semis last year and liked what I saw, she’s been very slowly trending upwards for a long time now. If she can handle the pressure and the occasion, there’s no reason why on her game and level alone she can’t go that far at the US.
Yes honey! She's only really been losing to top players this year so far. I remember that year (2017) with an all American SF at the USO, and she had made the second week there too. It's taken a little while but she's finally starting to fulfil her potential and beat the players higher-ranked than her (and not losing to the ones lower ranked than her). Great consistency in her ground game. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts