Tennis Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I see I'm not the only one.
Been lurking here for a while, though I've been avoiding to register, so as not to have another website on my hands that I waste time on. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make time then. :eek:h:
Anyway, hello, y'all. :wavey:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi guys, I've been lurking this forum for almost a year now and finally decided to join today. I'm here so I'm a Maria's fan, always been her fan since 2006 I think. People say it's really hard to bring me down emotionally and I always feel proud to tell them that I learn to be mentally tough from the very best :eek:h: I'm also a fan of Serena and Venus, Lisicki, Genie and Petra (to some extent). I don't really like Li, Halep and Radwanska. Anyway, nice meeting you guys.

Reactions: ExileFromNeptune

·
Registered
800 Posts
I put players into 4 categories:

1. Maria
2. Other players that I like, meaning I don't mind seeing them losing but will cheer for them once Maria falls: Serena, Venus, Lisicki, Genie and Petra
3. The one that I don't care about
4. Li, Halep, Azarenka and Radwanska - the one that I love to see losing every match

:eek:h:

By the way, @malarkist, I've been wanting to ask you who that is in your avatar

·
Banned
3 Posts
Good evening, I´m the newest Masha stan here.

Feel free to friend me&message me.

I´m 19 years young and I´ve been playing tennis for almost 10 years now. I fell in love with Maria back in 2006/2007. Since then, I´ve done my best to watch every single match of hers. I´m very active on social media, such as Instagram and Twitter.

Some random facts:
- I absolutely hate Wozniacki, Svitolina, Halep, Henin and Djokovic
- I saw Ivanovic winning her first and ONLY Grand Slam (live)
- I am addicted to music. My favorite artists are Azealia Banks, Grimes, Kanye West and Calvin Harris. I absolutely hate Britney Spears.
- This forum has a tragic layout and I don´t know how to set up a signature

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
I have been a Maria fan for a long time. The Letterman Show in 2006 after she won the us open made her specialness permanent for me. 2006 was also a year in which my baseball team won the world series. (SL Cardinals). But I also became obsessed with a murder of a former st. louis student....Tim Bacon. I still think I might write a book about it...and why it remained unsolved.

Man, 21, slain in barrage of shots on city street
By Steve Giegerich
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
08/19/2006

Police are searching for three men who witnesses said fired at least 12 shots at a 21-year-old St. Louis man, killing him after he walked to a service station to buy cigarettes early Friday.

After felling Timothy Bacon with a barrage of 10 shots in the 1400 block of Madison Street, one of the gunmen fired two more shots into Bacon's body, police said.

Bacon, of the 1400 block of East Obear, was the subject of a news article earlier this month citing a state Division of Family Services report stating that he had been struck repeatedly by former Vashon High School basketball coach Floyd Irons six years ago.

School officials said Bacon, a special education student, had failed to follow school policy when he arrived late for classes on Feb. 16, 2000. Bacon suffered a broken nose, a scratched cornea and abrasions, the report said.
He was charged with assault for allegedly scuffling with school security officers.

Irons successfully appealed the agency's recommendation that assault charges be filed against him.

In July, the St. Louis School Board removed Irons from his coaching duties and his position as district athletics director.

Bacon complained in an Aug. 8 interview that he still suffered from migraine headaches as a result of the fracas.

Irons' attorney, Jerome Dobson of St. Louis, said his client was "very upset" by the killing. "We deplore this senseless loss of his life and express our deepest sympathy to his family," Dobson said Friday.

Dobson said Irons had no knowledge of a civil suit that St. Louis lawyer Anthony Bruning intended to file on Bacon's behalf next week.

Bruning said the suit would have sought damages from the School Board and Irons, in connection with the alleged assault.

Bacon was killed at 1:45 a.m. His father, Roger Bacon, believes the slaying was an execution.

Timothy Bacon's parents and Bruning acknowledge Bacon had a problem with authority.

Court records show Bacon was cited for resisting arrest last April after violating a restraining order filed by the mother of one of his two children.

This was an account of the murder which was briefly online at the pd, but removed, and a different report with less information was in the print edition....under a different writer's name. (additional perspective) http://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/basketball-by-the-book-a-riverfront-times-investigation/Content?oid=2480121

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm just little old me. Not a giant, but not weedy.

Coming back here after being locked away - padlock and key.

Don't mind what you posters really think of me.

I'm just a boy - with many a memory. x:laugh2:

2601 - 2620 of 2620 Posts