Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
From island to island
12,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each year for Roland-Garros, it is always the same story. WCs go to awful players ; the FFT has no ambition for the French girls, they don't want to privilege the youngsters because it could be a traumatic experience for them :lol:

This year, we have :

MD :
* Youlia Fedossova :)
* Alizé Cornet :)
* Mathilde Johansson - good results lately, deserves it
* Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro - ok
* Stéphanie Foretz :tape:
* Pauline Parmentier :zzz:
* Olivia Sanchez :rolleyes: - in terrible form

Qualies
* Irena Pavlovic :)
* Violette Huck :)
* Laurène Fayol - ok
* Stéphanie Vongsouthi - ok
* Julie Coin :tape: :tape:
* Florence Haring :help: :help: :help:
* Claire Feuerstein :smash:

Except Cornet, all of these players don't represent any hope for the French tennis. Where are Cindy Chala, who won a grade A, Gracia Radovanovic, Charlotte Rodier, Victoria Larrière, Nelly Ciolkowski and even Amandine Hesse who played great against Sanchez ?
That's totally pathetic. A federation is supposed to develop the real talents not to privilege the same usual players. The FFT should take some risks, it would really help our youngsters who need this kind of experiences to improve their game.

Not even to mention the FFT's disguting self-centredness who totally ignore players of other countries.

FFT :smash:!

·
Registered
13,990 Posts
Cindy, Gracia, Charlotte, Victoria, Nelly are still juniors man!!! They would probably face 0 and 0 at this big qualis :tape: And Gracia and Charlotte are currently slumping big time :help: But still, I think that at least one WC for main, and two for qualis should go to them... Experience is a gold thing :)

·
-
52,606 Posts
Cindy, Gracia, Charlotte, Victoria, Nelly are still juniors man!!! They would probably face 0 and 0 at this big qualis :tape:
It's true. They'll have WC next year if they deserve it...I'm okay with you that Foretz & Sanchez and even Cohen-Aloro don't deserve Wild Cards for Main Draw...

·
From island to island
12,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cindy, Gracia, Charlotte, Victoria, Nelly are still juniors man!!! They would probably face 0 and 0 at this big qualis :tape: And Gracia and Charlotte are currently slumping big time :help: But still, I think that at least one WC for main, and two for qualis should go to them... Experience is a gold thing :)
Cindy lost 63 36 63 to Ivanova (top 200 player) in a 25k event. I am sure that she would have made some noise there. Gracia should have had her chance too, she only needs some support and confidence. Haring doesn't deserve her place more than her.
I see what you mean but still in the qualies, they would have learnt many things. This year, we saw Martic, Pavlyuchenkova or Piter in some WTA events. I don't understand why the FFT doesn't do the same and let our hopes play. They could have surprised many. It is not as if the FFT chose great players to replace them.

·
Registered
53,599 Posts
well I don't think the choices are THAT bad - there is still time for the juniors to get WCs next year -its hard to please everyone :shrug: and rankings determine also if the players deserve a shot or not - it would be tough for Foretz or Cohen Aloro for instance , to have to play qualies whereas a young player like Chala who has no experience gets directly in MD ...

All the WCs to MD have a shot at winning a match IMO , depending of the draw of course- Pauline and Olivia being the biggest question marks for me.

in the qualies : I agree it could have been different - Coin Haring Feuerstein may not be clever choices .

·
Registered
13,990 Posts
Cindy lost 63 36 63 to Ivanova (top 200 player) in a 25k event. I am sure that she would have made some noise there. Gracia should have had her chance too, she only needs some support and confidence. Haring doesn't deserve her place more than her.
I see what you mean but still in the qualies, they would have learnt many things. This year, we saw Martic, Pavlyuchenkova or Piter in some WTA events. I don't understand why the FFT doesn't do the same and let our hopes play. They could have surprised many. It is not as if the FFT chose great players to replace them.
Trust me, Gracia is in a such a bad condition, with her head especially, that it would be a great miracle if she won two games :sad: :tape:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I agree with you except on a few things :

Foretz has played numerous FO and wasn't so bad each times, defeating Dechy or other, and she can actually win matches with a good draw

For Cohen Aloro on clay I agree it isn't the best choice, but she represented France in Fed Cup so FFT is gratefull

I totally disagree for Olivia Sanchez, she had a brilliant season last year after fighting injuries and she can beat top 100 players (check her activity) she even def. Osterloh in AO qualies this year before getting injured again, but the best reason is that Olivia is a real clay courter and can do some damages when she's on.

For the main draw WC I would just have given one to Pichet instead of Cohen Aloro or Foretz

For qualies WC now :

I think it's not good to give that kind of important WC to players like Chala, Radovanovic, Rodier, Larrière, Hesse, Ciolkowski and so on

They have good results but in juniors, they already received WC's for 10k or 25k in France and that's the way they have to begin.

If I remember well, Razzano, Cornet or Bartoli have all started with a qualy WC before receiving one for the main draw after (maybe not for Alizé) and it's better

and still : Huck is playing well and deserves it, so has Pavlovic who is still a hope, Fayol is ok too and Coin is at her career best and had good runs in big ITF's when all these juniors are struggling to win a match in 10K's

Feuerstein do have won 2 10K's but Iv'e been surprised she received a WC

For Haring, it's an absolute joke, no problem on that

Vongsouthi is a young hope and she's progressing every week, this was a good choice

Radovanovic has received a lot of WC's and is still not very impressive

I would give Feuerstein and Haring's WC to Chala (the best junior) and Laura Thorpe (but she's injured)

The other have to prove something before in another place than a junior big tournament, I don't know why they didn'y play Strasbourg qualies for example, there were byes in the draw and many LL (even players losing in the 2RQ:lol: )

So these girls will have to be a little patient before doing damages on the tour:wavey:

·
Registered
17,700 Posts
WCs are ok imo... I don't really see who else they could give them to.
Pichet should have been awarded a MD WC, instead of Parmentier, Sanchez or maybe Foretz.
Pavlovic, I don't know if she's ready to face top 100 girls, so QD WC is ok.
Maybe Bergot or Thorpe(she hasn't played a lot lately-?) should have been awarded QD WCs.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Each year for Roland-Garros, it is always the same story. WCs go to awful players ; the FFT has no ambition for the French girls, they don't want to privilege the youngsters because it could be a traumatic experience for them :lol:

This year, we have :

MD :
* Youlia Fedossova :)
* Alizé Cornet :)
* Mathilde Johansson - good results lately, deserves it
* Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro - ok
* Stéphanie Foretz :tape:
* Pauline Parmentier :zzz:
* Olivia Sanchez :rolleyes: - in terrible form

Except Cornet, all of these players don't represent any hope for the French tennis.
Not even to mention the FFT's disguting self-centredness who totally ignore players of other countries.

FFT :smash:!
Ok, so Alizé did a good match. Pauline has won the 1st set of her 1st round so far, Mathilde just defeated Groenefeld, Olivia, who is in "terrible form" , has won her 1st set yesterday, and so did Cohen-Aloro. Then Foretz hasn't played such a bad match against Jankovic. Tt isn't THAT bad :shrug:

·
From island to island
12,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, so Alizé did a good match. Pauline has won the 1st set of her 1st round so far, Mathilde just defeated Groenefeld, Olivia, who is in "terrible form" , has won her 1st set yesterday, and so did Cohen-Aloro. Then Foretz hasn't played such a bad match against Jankovic. Tt isn't THAT bad :shrug:
Yes they used well and better than I thought their WCs. I was just disappointed that the FFT didn't make audacious and new choices.

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
They pulled the Justine-Serena clip from youtube. :mad:

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I agree with you Iceland - Foretz and Cohern Aloro really shouldn't be given WC anymore, they have proven (especially Foretz who didn't play well at all - I watched her match) how untalented and unpromising they are.

As for some of the juniour players you mentioned, I think that with Alizé, she was given WC to tournaments like Biarritz and things like that before she was given a WC to the French, I think that before someone like Chala can get a main draw WC they need to work their way up a little in the ITFs.

Julie Coin, Florence Haring, Claire Feuerstein and Capucine Rouisseau (who thankfully they have given up on) didn't really deserve the wild cards that they got..but the FFT generally goes from rankings so until the young girls come of age and start playing more ITFs they won't get the WCs!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts