Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
26,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Yes, Justine raised her hand.
2. Serena didn’t see it, served and missed it, then noticed that Justine was holding her hand up.
3. Serena asked Diaz if she gets a first serve, then said that Justine raised her hand.
4. Diaz asked Justine about that, but you could neither hear nor see what her answer was.
5. Diaz said “I didn’t see it” and didn’t give Serena a first serve.

I don’t know whether Justine lied or not and whether Serena’s cold hand-shake was deserved or not.
Fact is: The result was not unfair for Serena. She was willing to serve and wasn’t influenced when serving as she didn’t see Justine. So it was a normal 1st serve missed. Logically she didn’t deserve another one.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Actually GoDom, I will have you know that the entire tournament conspired to get Serena to lose in the semifinals. Justine actually lost in the first round you see, but they kept bumping her up and changing results in the hope that she would have enough to knock out Serena. When this looked like it wouldnt' be enough, they got the crowd - who they had previously programmed to boo on command- to get on Serena so that she would lose her cool. Given the French crowd's history of excellent manners and Serena's inability to play well when the crowd is on her back, this was the obvious solution.

Glad I could clear that up for you :kiss:

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Thanks, Rebecca. Also, to be scientific for a moment, it was the enormous breeze created by the crowds boos that continually blew Serena's shots several feet wide and long of the lines. Damn those Parisians!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
You had me, Rebecca, all the way through the French crowd's history of excellent manners, but I figured it out with that "Serena's inability" thing.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
but if she didn't see it then how did she knew it?

did justine raise her hand after serena served?

it doesn't make sense!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
And if she saw it, why did she serve?

·
26,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
irma said:
but if she didn't see it then how did she knew it?

did justine raise her hand after serena served?

it doesn't make sense!
No irma, Serena had already started her service motion when Justine raised her hand. Then when Serena had hit the ball she saw Justine who was still raising her hand.
Actually I can't really imagine that Justine blatantly lied about this by just saying "I didn't do it", but who knows.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Serena didn't lose the match because of that incident, just like Petrova didn't lose because of the net cord in the first semi. They both had NUMEROUS chances to win and they didn't. Justine played great tennis. Serena was spotty. The crowd was rude...STOP THE PRESSES....welcome to the French Open. Serena has played in worse conditions and won.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
what did justine say about it. there are not transcripts on the website(I am to lazy to listen to the audio)

·
26,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tratree said:
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Serena didn't lose the match because of that incident, just like Petrova didn't lose because of the net cord in the first semi. They both had NUMEROUS chances to win and they didn't. Justine played great tennis. Serena was spotty. The crowd was rude...STOP THE PRESSES....welcome to the French Open. Serena has played in worse conditions and won.
I agree. But people are saying "Serena was robbed of her win" and that is just total nonsense. And I'm not sure how they found out that Justine cheated.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
i can't wait to see this match again, tape it, and play it over and over to try to see what justine sed. If she did lie, then omg i will no longer like her. If she didn't, then serena fans just shut up.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
no...she didn't blow off the chair ump, she forgot to shake his hand and when she realized she did, five seconds later she went over shook his hand and apologized for not doing so earlier and then they both laughed about something. People are so quick to jump on Serena :rolleyes:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Even before Justine raised her hand, it was obvious that she wasnt ready. She was standing straight up and waiting for the crowd to cease. Serena started serving and she put her hand up to let Serena know she STILL wasnt ready. Sheesh....

·
Registered
829 Posts
So they're saying that Serena lost because of that? Not because she didn't chase that lob? Not because she failed to return of Justine's shots when she approached to volley? Not because of that wide forehand?

I thought this was tennis? Will raising a hand earn you a break point? Im confused.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts