Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the first game and a half, but I'm starting the count at 1 mention of the LA championship win over Serena.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I'm watching it on Belgian television, so far: 0.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
be happy they matter;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Glenn said:
I'm watching it on Belgian television, so far: 0.
they did on canvas;)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
irma said:
they did on canvas;)
Eurosport with Dutch commentary, smarty pants! :p

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
can't you handle the bias?

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
irma said:
they did on canvas;)
They did it to ilustrate how much Kim likes L.A.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Eurosport: still 0

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Knizzle said:
Seems they have good unbiased commentators at Eurosport.
Yea, they just focus on the match and not on the rest of the tour, I like it. :)

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Knizzle said:
Two, mentioned about the #1 ranking.
Kim could overtake Serena and become number 1 today so obviously the sisters will be mentioned a few times as this match could make a bit of history and change the top of the rankings, so what does this thread prove? If you are trying to prove that Venus and Serena will be mentioned a lot during a match that they are not involved in and that they are the two major names in womens tennis, then you are wasting your time because we know that already.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
raquel said:
Kim could overtake Serena and become number 1 today so obviously the sisters will be mentioned a few times as this match could make a bit of history and change the top of the rankings, so what does this thread prove? If you are trying to prove that Venus and Serena will be mentioned a lot during a match that they are not involved in and that they are the two major names in womens tennis, then you are wasting your time because we know that already.
No, just Kim Clijsters matches. I didn't hear their name in the Davenport/Sugiyama match yesterday, did you??

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Knizzle said:
No, just Kim Clijsters matches. I didn't hear their name in the Davenport/Sugiyama match yesterday, did you??
Yes I know thats what I said in my post. Kim is on the verge of overtaking Serena so Serena will obviously be mentioned a lot. I never saw Lindsay and Ai's match, but as none are challenging Serena at the top right now, I would not expect her to be mentioned too often.

·
Registered
931 Posts
At least Mary Joe and Pam haven't torn into Martina's flesh. Their claws must have become a little dull since she left the tour. They've even had to say her name a couple of times as they recounted the number ones. The name "Hingis" was quick and bitten off, but there was no feasting on blood afterward.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
raquel said:
Yes I know thats what I said in my post. Kim is on the verge of overtaking Serena so Serena will obviously be mentioned a lot. I never saw Lindsay and Ai's match, but as none are challenging Serena at the top right now, I would not expect her to be mentioned too often.
Venus has been mentioned also. And the WTA Championships are still being mentioned after all this time.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Bella said:
At least Mary Joe and Pam haven't torn into Martina's flesh. Their claws must have become a little dull since she left the tour. They've even had to say her name a couple of times as they recounted the number ones. The name "Hingis" was quick and bitten off, but no feasting on blood afterward.

I've gotta admit, I'm no Hingis fan, but Shriver constantly pissed on Hingis. Even I was like damn if you dont like the woman, at least dont mention her

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Knizzle said:
And the WTA Championships are still being mentioned after all this time.
I hope Pam is saying get the WTA Championships out of LA. It is a shame to see the stands more than two thirds empty for the final today. We don't get Pam in the UK, we get Jo Durie :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts