Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bye Mirjana. Thanks for coming out. See you in another three months.

Seriously, this'll cost her in the rankings (not like she cares), but it couldn't really have been expected of her to take this match. GLG is a much more formidable clay court opponent.

Anyway, does Lucic plan on entering Wimbledon?

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
I know some people on this board are going to smash me, but I'm happy she lost. Last year she was a point away from losing in the first round of qualies, which would have put her around 400. She defied ranking death somehow and managed to get to round 2. She can't keep cheating fate at Roland Garros. She needs to play CHALLENGERS and SATELLITES (last time she played a satellite in 2002 she didn't even get past round 1). She needs to stop feeding off WC's. She's put in the work, but that dosen't mean she deserves WC's when she has practically done nothing since Wimby 99. She had done nothing for a whole year since splitting from her father in 1998 and was ranked 130 going into Wimby, where she had a 2 week reprieve. She's had 2 weeks of good tennis in 5 years. Why is she so reluctant to play a full schedule. NOT ONE TIME IN HER CAREER has she played 17 tournaments in a year. Anyway, I'm venting, but Mirjana needs this wake up call as this loss should put her around 300.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Brashaw is right, but we have all been saying this from the start of the year, Miki needs to play challengers if Anna can accept this for crying out load, someone who has not been in the top 150 since 2001 should!
She can beat top players, not many players ranked 200 in the world could take Dechy to three sets.

But she needs to utalize this talent, stop chain smoking or whatever and get on with things.

Also she should have won that first set today after being 4-3 30-40 up!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Maybe Mirjana would like to visit Edmond this summer?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Bad luck Mirjana :(

Head to the challengers though and play play play :)

Mirjana's ranking will be too low for Wimbledon now.

·
Banned
149 Posts
I heard shes planning on pursuing a singing career.Not sure this is true or not :confused:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Yes this is true, I think its her *ahem* 'long term ambition'. She also writing an autobiography apparently.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Will she write her own songs? Could be interesting ;)

Oh yes, her autobiography!

"From Fear to Failure"

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Really, it's just a little annoying that it's taken people this long to notice the non-existent career of this "player" who still seems to command support.

I've been saying this for two years now, and the situation was not a bit different then from how it is now. And that's why I'm SO CONFIDENT that things will never change.

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
:mad:

play a challenger!!!! there is no point to playing only major events! You need match practice!

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
But I think you're all forgetting: she HAS played challengers.

She's been playing them for two years now.

But she's had even less success at that level than she had on the tour.

So where does she go now?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Where do we go from Here? This isn't were we intended to be . How do I keep all these passions alive,as we continue.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
the loss could be good for her because if her ranking drops low enough she will have to play challengers to get her ranking up so she can play these tournaments.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts