11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kim is playing there!
She'll be seeded #1

Will she play doubles with Elke?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I just hope she can beat Justine in the final...

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
I actually think Kim should withdraw from this tournament. She is still in melbourne she was at the doubles today, so I expect she will stay for lleyton's match with federer. when is she going to leipzig?? I guess her first match won't be till Wednesday? I'm thinking she will leave Aus on sunday night or monday morning, what do you think?
Maybe it is just me but she doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously, don't know how much practice she has done in the last two days cause she has been supporting the guys in DC hope I am wrong about that.

I would love to see her play doubles with Elke :)
But I actually hope she withdraws, then has two solid practice weeks before filderstadt.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
kim&lleytonrule - Maybe it will be good for her; if she hasn't focused on Leipzig too much, she will be relaxed and not worrying so much. Kim's problems aren't with her physical game - it's her mental game that lets her down.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah,I think it's better,if she withdraw.
She can spend the time with Lleyton and practice til Filderstadt. :angel:
I hope,she is defending her title. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
I actually think Kim should withdraw from this tournament. She is still in melbourne she was at the doubles today, so I expect she will stay for lleyton's match with federer. when is she going to leipzig?? I guess her first match won't be till Wednesday? I'm thinking she will leave Aus on sunday night or monday morning, what do you think?
Maybe it is just me but she doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously, don't know how much practice she has done in the last two days cause she has been supporting the guys in DC hope I am wrong about that.

I would love to see her play doubles with Elke :)
But I actually hope she withdraws, then has two solid practice weeks before filderstadt.
Altough the flight will take a long time, you do actually also 'win' some time flying west back to Europe. If she were to leave Australia on Sunday night Australian time, she should still make Leipzig by Monday noon, CET. If really required, she could only start her tournament on Thursday and still have over 2 days to prepare for her first match.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Elke lost to Vento-Kabachi 3:6,1:6 :sad:
Kim will play on Thursday,I think. :)

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Um this doesn't sound so good

Quote bydanielkafan in the hantcuhova forum

But Daniela was practising this day with Nigel and Kim!
I saw this session and I got also a paper signed by DH as well as I got a signing by Kim. And to tell you sth. interesting. Kim looks very nervours and wasn't in great form, while DH destroyed her in a little match.... Kim brocke it up her .... was flying.....

Weell he is a hantuchova fan, so he may a bit pro hantuchova and Kim would have just stepped off the plane. Don't really understand the bottom of what he is saying, but find it hard to believe Hantuchova destroyed Kim, maybe if Kim played bad, but Hantuchova's strokes wouldn't destroy Kim, Kim has never lost a match to her.

But it does make me nervous, I'll blame it on the jet lag and remind myself matches are different to practice :)

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Good luck Kim!
I have to admit, I was a little sceptical about her staying so long in Aust. She would've left the earliest late Sunday night (although I'm guessing it was more likely she left Monday morning. The jet lag will probably take a few days to get over.
I pray she'll be alright for Dokic, mind u Dokic hasn't been playing great lately, so if she gets through that match hopefully she'll be okay for the rest of the tournament & Justine thrashing in the final ;)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I'm not that worried about that trainingsession. Kim just got off the plane, after a 28 hours flight from Melbourne via Singapore and Frankfurt to Leipzig.
She left late Sunday evening (our time) and 28 hours later, so she must have landed Tuesday before noon.
And there was of course the Belgian press too!;):p

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.