Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the Billie Jean King-organized Legends web site for a while now, and recently came across what it apparently has mutated into: Rosie Casals apparently has taken over and they have a fledgeling web site and apparently she is the new CEO. Does anybody have more news about this? The player bios aren't even complete yet.

http://www.wslegends.com/

· Registered
178 Posts
Hi. Yes, I really don't have much to add either except that I used to read the old BJK site every now and then--it had a really good section where people asked questions of the "Legends," BJK, Nav, Rosie Casals, Tracy Austin, C. Evert, Wendy Turnbull, etc., and they answered, but it wasn't updated--and had bio info etc. like the new one will have. I remember reading something or other on Zina Garrison then, too; some award she won or something. What this reminded me of, though, was a short exchange Zummi and I had on a thread here in Blast, that didn't itself last very long, I think it was "Nicknames," at the very beginning of 2003, and this came up. I mentioned that the Women's Sports Legends site was down or not there or something, and Zummi answered and had actually had contact with Rosie Casals or something like that--what was that? Then now she took it over from BJK; so, Zummi would really be the one, if anybody here would, who might know more about that. I don't know if you want to bother searching for that thread--I think that was about it on this topic.
By the way, Rollo and everybody else: I caught your new thread "Who else thinks it time" on General (the next day) and I have also just about had it with this website. They will not get rid of the many abusers who intimidate or attack other posters, and totally destroy what might have been great debates. Then of course, the little asshole Car Troll the Teachers' Pet is again the latest self-important twat to "take over" Non-Tennis as their own private domain, killing it. I may or may not post here anymore, like others on that thread. Also, this request they have to donate money to support the website--why would anybody good want to give them money, so they can keep Car Squat there posting fifty threads a day, viciously attacking women? Are they out of their minds--when they will not respond to people's complaints?

· R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
I wish I knew the answers to some of your questions Hidden Stillness, but I certainly share your feelings. Though I'm a moderator in this small forum my "zap the crap" power ends here :devil:

I'm out of the loop when it comes to other the politics on the board.

If any of us do leave lets keep in touch by email. You guys and gals are too fun to loose touch with-and one day we'll all have to get together and have a few drinks. Something tells me Mark36 makes a mean cocktail
:lick:

Does any one know of other boards where they have a section or group like the Blast?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.