Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
SMdiPula $25K, R1: Lea BOSKOVIC (CRO) def. Shuyue MA (CHN) 76(5) 64

After several failed attempts, Lea finally gets her first MD singles win above the $15K level :sobbing:

We knew if was only a matter of time :cheer:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Re: Lea Bošković

After several failed attempts, Lea finally gets her first MD singles win above the $15K level :sobbing:

We knew if was only a matter of time :cheer:
And in the second round she has to play again versus 7th seed Chiara Scholl who already beat her once 7-5 in third.
Hopefully this time she can revenge that defeat.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Santa Margherita Di Pula 25K R2:
(Q) Lea Boskovic def. (7) Chiara Scholl 6-2 6-1 :cheer:
Highest ranked player beaten this year! :yeah:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Lea won another $25K MD match this week (SM di Pula). She beat Moratelli (#404) in R1, but in R2 lost in three sets to In-Albon (#247).

She'll reach another CHR, around #450.

Plus she's into the doubles final :bounce:

She's making her way up the rankings very nicely.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
this week she is in her first ITF semis in career (she beats three no name players, but we dont care), today she will play against Valentyna Ivakhnenko (216)

Live ranking : 402
Race list 2019 : 17 :eek:h:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Lea is trying to break through into the W25 level but is having tough luck with the draws.

Last week in R1 at W25 Grenoble she drew the #4 seed, Kerkhove, and lost. This week in R1 at W25 Glasgow she drew the #2 seed...Kerkhove

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Lea's difficulties at the W25 level continue. She has now lost all six first-round matches she has played in 2019, and 12 of 13 sets :help: :sad:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Lea's difficulties at the W25 level continue. She has now lost all six first-round matches she has played in 2019, and 12 of 13 sets :help: :sad:
It looked like Lea's losing streak would continue this week at W25 Campinas when she drew the #2 seed, Cepede Royg (#157), in R1--but then Lea pulled off the upset! :bounce:

She won 36 63 62. R2 is winnable, against Gatica (#561) or Grabher (#323). Good luck. Now that you broke your streak, keep going :armed:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
^ Won 63 63. Into the SF against Fetecau [4] or Molinaro [6] :armed:

I'm pretty sure today's win will give Lea a new CHR and bring her into the top 400 for the first time :aparty: :banana:

Lea seems to be transitioning smoothly into the world of $25Ks. Do we have a new Croatian star in the process of being born...? :cheer:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

^ Won 63 63. Into the SF against Fetecau [4] or Molinaro [6] :armed:

I'm pretty sure today's win will give Lea a new CHR and bring her into the top 400 for the first time :aparty: :banana:

Lea seems to be transitioning smoothly into the world of $25Ks. Do we have a new Croatian star in the process of being born...? :cheer:
I always hoped she could become something.
Then I saw her serve and now I am worried.
I hope she can improve that important aspect of game.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Lea GOATing :banana: destroyed the #6 seed Molinaro 60 61

Final against Waltert (#429). Good luck, Lea--but either way, a very successful tournament :bounce:

161 - 180 of 216 Posts