Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brutal stuff from Bernie in first two matches. She has not dropped a single service game against Garcia nor Gatto.
She seems like the one to look at for the title.
Hope she can keep up this level.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been waiting for Bernie to happen for two years.

She has all the shots and plenty of pace.

No reason other than her head that she’s not a top 30 player.
I have been waiting for 5 years haha.
I guess she needed her time. Surely belongs at top 50 but made some bad choices when it comes to picking tournaments to play over recent years.
Maybe she will bemefit from it. Her game does seem more mature ATM.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Pera is good. She looks good too. ?

Reactions: chef-d'œuvre

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Better player won.

·
Registered
15,918 Posts
Pera loves the clay. The usual up and down results from Garcia. She played great in Nottingham & Mallorca, the other Garcia turned up this week.

·
Premium Member
182,083 Posts
I want a weekend at Bernie’s :hearts:

·
Registered
14,888 Posts
I’ve been waiting for Bernie to happen for two years.

She has all the shots and plenty of pace.

No reason other than her head that she’s not a top 30 player.
This so much. Plus she's a very nice girl..:angel:

Does anyone know if she is based in Europe or America? It seems like she spends a lot of time in Europe..

·
Blighted and solo
43,985 Posts
Bernarda has Top 10 looks and Top 20 talent :inlove:

I wonder why Garcia and Görges even played here SMH.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
I wish I could say I was surprised, but whenever Caro has a good draw and form is exactly when she tends to lose. :lol:

On the other hand Bernie (like CarGar's other nemesis Brady) is one of those player who - even without stringing the results together - has a general level MUCH better than her ranking. She really should be around top 50 but even higher when everything clicks. And she does like the clay.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This so much. Plus she's a very nice girl..:angel:

Does anyone know if she is based in Europe or America? It seems like she spends a lot of time in Europe..
Based in Zadar, Croatia for 3-4 years now. Coming back to Croatia helped her tennis results. She said it many times.
She originally played for Croatia but since her father has American citizenship she thought it would be good for her career to make the move and seek help from the USTA. After being based in the States for few season she did not manage to get expected break trough. When she came back to Europe and started working with childhood coach Lovre Roncevic everything came into place.
She obviously is Croatian as she now lives there where she spent most of her life. All of her coaches in recent years and other team members have also been Croatians.
Most recently she was coached by Luka Belic, former ATP player.

·
Banned
446 Posts
From worse TO FUCKING WORSE... Lausanne with so many players with name not wanting to play, looks poorer than Bucharest now! And at Bucharest I think 11-12 withdrew being full of youngsters, at Lausanne 7.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts