·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Simona Waltert?

Literally

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Walter is in her learning phase right now, need a couple more years.

Goerges was so random and decided to retire. She figure this was going to be an easy win before Walter start playing better and adapted to the pace returning with her pace especially her backhand. I did not see an injury that allow her to wack the ball that hard.

·
Always and forever.
33,800 Posts
Simona was a talented junior. She's still very talented, has a beautiful game to watch, very aesthetic. Reminds me a bit of a young Daniela Hantuchova. :hearts: She's struggling in the Pros, but she's having better results this year, and she's still only 18. Anyway, she's much better than a player ranked 580 in the world... :) And she did really, really well today! :yeah:

Get well soon Julia :hug:

·
Premium Member
182,075 Posts
Check Goerges Swiss bank account for activity

·
Registered
15,855 Posts
Goerges is not the type to retire often is she? In which case I’ll reserve judgment until we learn more details.

If this was someone like Yastremska on the other hand...

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Not sure why but after Wuarin's thread I tend to take @LefandePatty comments about talented swisses with a pinch of salt. Still one of my favorite users, it goes without saying.

·
Always and forever.
33,800 Posts
Not sure why but after Wuarin's thread I tend to take @LefandePatty comments about talented swisses with a pinch of salt. Still one of my favorite users, it goes without saying.
:lol: Well, for sure you can't compare Wuarin and Waltert. :p Can't see Wuarin reach top 200 anytime soon. Still think she should be a bit higher ranked than 1000. :lol: Like in the 400s maybe.
As for Simona, she's a true talent. :worship: Sure she could be in the top 100 later. :yeah:

And thanks, you're one of my faves too. :hug:

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
I'll try and watch Simona's next round if I'm not at work, haven't had the chance to so far.

·
Premium Member
64,827 Posts
Waltert actually played really well in the first two sets. I only watched those. Görges was super aggressive and hit many serve and forehand winners, but sprayed that BH badly.

Simona has a wonderful technique and she is a beauty herself, too. That body :hearts:

R2 vs. another Swiss girl.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
That was a close scoreline, no reason why the injury could be faked. Probably that was a minor injury, but Julia didn't want to risk to get it worse.
This! It wasn't like she thought of retiring at 0-5 in the final set.

·
Registered
44,812 Posts
Get well soon Julia. :hug: Such a shame though as the grass season was a big improvement to her season this far.

Congrats Simona! :hatoff: Quite a WTA MD debut for her.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts