Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strangely Dr. Buzz is not playing in Romania. She will probably confirm in this tournament the Wimbledon display when she was the only one who stole a set from the eventual winner Simona Halep.

She demolished Voegele after one set down, I saw this in Wimbledon that she's massively improving her fighting spirit and moral.

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Stef is prob carrying an injury, only playing here as 'home' event and fee.

·
Registered
87,444 Posts
Happy to see that Mihaela won..didn´t believe that after 1st set :hearts:

Reactions: lima isai

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Who would pay a fee for Voegele? Sometimes I wonder if you guys are listening to yourselves..
fee doesnt' mean she's getting 10 millions to play this, even just a simple agreement for which we don't know the terms could be a factor.

·
Premium Member
64,853 Posts
Who would pay a fee for Voegele? Sometimes I wonder if you guys are listening to yourselves..
Actually, the Swiss really like her. She is the only Swiss top 150 player with a Swiss surname who can speak Swiss German without an accent at all. And she has been around forever.

The crowd numbers will be a lot smaller when the last Swissie has lost.

At least we have a QFist for sure with Waltert vs Teichmann or Timi in R2. :shrug:

That being said, awful result for Stefi :sad:

·
Registered
15,871 Posts
Encouraging to see more wins from Michaela recently. It was sad to see her win San Jose last summer, crack top 20 and then pick up that horrible ankle injury. Even when she returned many of us knew it would be a long road back (not that she’s completely back yet)

·
Registered
5,295 Posts

·
Registered
13,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If only Voegele could see the world through "Sloane-tinted glasses".
Happy for Buzarnescu though, she needs some wins as she tries to battle back.

Some players are just so unlucky with their bodies and injuries.
On the men's side, the hugely talented Del Potro comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Finally Dr. Buzz is back! :)

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Dr. Buzz improving!

In the few matches I have seen, she has seemed much more calm than last year.
I thought she was calmer during the grass season because she didn't want to damage the grass. Hopefully improves gradually in time to defend her title in a few weeks.

·
Registered
44,825 Posts
Michaela :D So glad to see things starting to look brighter for her again. I am still confused why she is not playing in her home country having a SF to defend. :confused: But hopefully she can continue here. :yeah:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts