Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,853 Posts
Timea’s forehand is at it’s lowest ever level, she’s just so bad now compared to her good achievements before all the injuries.

Many players have a realistic shot of beating her these days, even Nara managed it twice this year...

She feels done.

Peaking Timea was one of my favourites, very smart player but she’s light years away from this level...

·
Premium Member
65,184 Posts
So sad to see Timi lose like this, but on the other hand, a great win for Jil, who will hopefully get that top 50 rank sooner rather than later

·
Registered
14,027 Posts
Timea. Losing against Swiss scrub sucks. :hug:

·
Registered
14,027 Posts
Timea’s forehand is at it’s lowest ever level, she’s just so bad now compared to her good achievements before all the injuries.

Many players have a realistic shot of beating her these days, even Nara managed it twice this year...

She feels done.

Peaking Timea was one of my favourites, very smart player but she’s light years away from this level...
I do wonder why Bacsinszky uses such an extreme western grip. :unsure: I mean it had to be her conscious, personal decision because no coach would tell you to grab your racket like this as far as I know.

Reactions: MalJackson

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

She feels done.

Timea has been written off many times before. As long as she's motivated and healthy i'm confident she'll find a way to a higher level. the forehand has always been a big liability but she's smart enough to make it less of a weakness in this era where most players can't handle variety.

I'm not sure what her coaching situation. hopefully Konta has another short term relationship so Timea can get Zavialoff back in her camp.

·
Registered
34,901 Posts
What has happened to Timea this year :(.

·
Let's have a kiki!
102,623 Posts
I do wonder why Bacsinszky uses such an extreme western grip. :unsure: I mean it had to be her conscious, personal decision because no coach would tell you to grab your racket like this as far as I know.

OMG, that's strange :hysteric:

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Jil is having such a great season and clay is her surface, not a terrible loss for T and unfortunate first rd for the tournament really. Timea has always been streaky, she could get on a hot streak and make the quarter/semi of a major again, I still think she has it. But it has been a rough year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts