Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mirjana Lucic has been awarded a wildcard for the qualifying of the WTA event in Memphis. :) Qualifying begins next Friday.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
14.02.02 - Today offered a wildcard into MAIN DRAW! :) She has accepted the offer! :)

That really is great news. It will be lovely to see Mirjana back on the WTA Tour again.

More news: Mirjana is now using Prince racquets, which haven't done Jennifer Capriati any harm lately!!!

More news: Mirjana hasn't been coached by Harold Solomon for quite some time apparently. She is now coached by Ken Merritt, who for a long time was a coach at the Nick Bolletieri Academy in Florida.

So all that is great news and let's give Mirjana support for kick starting her 2002 season on the WTA Tour.

Go for it Mirjana!

:)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I hope she can qualify for the tournament:D<P>Go Mirjana!

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Prince racquets?? This girl has taste... LOL... seriously though, they are better than those clunky Head racquets she used before.. I can relate to this from personal experience!

Hope she can qualify here! :D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I follows her progress very early on and honestly has to be the biggest waste of talents in women tennis if she does not make her mark again. Two things she need to do, one is to improve her conditioning and shed those excess pounds and most importantly is to have her confidence back, winning a few matches and starting to have a fell for matches.

Good luck Mijana, love to see you make a comeback again, I hope you can play like Wimbledon 99 or even in 1997 everytime you step on court.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Good luck Mirjana!Win that tournament(if Anna or Martina arent there)!You go girl!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
I agree , for the meantime it wil be good for her to get a few wins under the belt.....so just qualifying will be good for now! :)

If she improves her conditioning and works really hard this year , there's no reason that within a years time she can't back to where she was...people like Caps have pulled off more surprising things so i'll never doubt u Mirjana! ;):)

Good luck

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,466 Posts
good luck to Mirjana, she could use a good result here to get things back on track...that 10k challenger loss must have been very tough mentally :eek:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
:cool: COOL

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
good luck to Mirjana

its not the coaching thats gonna solve her problems

its Mirjana herself, attitude and application on and off the court.

All the best Mirjana, don't let your talent go to waste.
I had predicted a Top 10 when i saw her around 1996. She should have made it 2-3 years ago if not earlier.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Great news. Wasn't a Prince racket the one she used when she had all the success? I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she fulfils her talent, she's got too much of it to let it all go to waste. Go Mirjana! :bounce:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
GOOD LUCK MIRJANA!

Hoepfully she can get her act together and start playing good tennis and get some decent results she defo should be at least top 50!

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
yes, she had much of her success with that prince racquet and i'm glad she decided to switch back! When I saw her at RG last year, she was hitting so many errors and looking to be carrying a few extra pounds. I hope she's improved on that!

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
GO Mirjana

Never Give Up !!!

We all have faith in you (Well I do)

regards

mark

1 - 20 of 25 Posts