Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think this has been posted yet :wavey:

Taken from:

http://www.rolandgarros.org/en_FR/news/articles/200305192009525048cdc3e875b74700256d2b0063e38a.html

Celine Beigbeder :eek: :fiery: :fiery:
Sophie Lefvre :confused:

get the last 2 WC into Main Draw, joining

Christina Wheeler
Amandine Dulon
Tatiana Golovin
Ana Laurendon
Virginie Pichet
Camille Pin

ugh what has Celine done in the past year??? :fiery: :fiery:

Men WC into Main Draw (Llorda and Nadal :p now into Main Draw directly with withdrawals)

Thierry Ascione
Julien Benneteau
Nicolas Mahut
Cyril Saulnier
Michael Chang
Richard Gasquet
Jerome Golmard.

Ready to rumble
On the stadium courts, players can increasingly be seen attempting to adjust to the Parisian clay. The winner of the 2000 tournament, France's Mary Pierce, has been spotted training with her new coach Rene Moller, while Russia's Elena Bovina has been benefiting from the tutelage of one of her illustrious compatriots, 1989 semi-finalist Andrei Chesnokov, as well as knocking up with one of French tennis's young hopefuls, 15-year-old Tatiana Golovin.

Does anybody know who this Rene Moller is ? Hopefully he will do wonders for Mary. :hearts:

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
That doesn't say Lena changed coaches... but the change from Joe to Chesnokov is as drastic as you can get. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
pfff...Sprem should get a WC! She is sooo deserving! (more so then Golovin anyway =P)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,006 Posts
I would love to see Lena coached by Chesnokov.. After all, Andrei knows how to work with women, he was coached by a woman all career long..

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Tatiana deserves the WC :p, but Sprem should have gotten a WC instead some of these French palyers :eek:

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
I don't know if Chesnokov would be good for Lena...

Lena needs controlling. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
lol....well maybe Golovin deserves one...what's her ranking anyway? I think it owuld have suited her MUCH better to play qualies...unless she gets really lucky in the draw I don't think she's quite ready to win a main draw match at a grand slam yet!

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
And Im happy Mahree got a coach :D. Hopefully whoever he/she is :eek: will work well with Mahree

·
Banned
368 Posts
why didnt i see Severine Beltrame on the list?
ranking wise she should be picked for a WC,
and i was hoping for Sandrine or Martina....:(

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,006 Posts
Leena said:
I don't know if Chesnokov would be good for Lena...

Lena needs controlling. :)
Oh baby... Chesnokov IS "controlling".. Why else do you think he managed to convert "uncontrollable" Safin from a talented nobody into potential #1 in just one week?

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
ys said:
Oh baby... Chesnokov IS "controlling".. Why else do you think he managed to convert "uncontrollable" Safin from a talented nobody into potential #1 in just one week?
Andrei always seemed so quiet when he played... I didn't think he was like that. :)

Damn... if he could do that with Marat... then he can do that with the female equivalent. :p

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Leena said:
Andrei always seemed so quiet when he played... I didn't think he was like that. :)

Damn... if he could do that with Marat... then he can do that with the female equivalent. :p
which one? ;)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,006 Posts
Leena said:

Marat has been as good as ever been while he played with Chesnokov. It's just that to give him that confidence of being a Top player, Chesnokov probably made him overplay in that spring 2000, and not only that made them split, it also was the only big reason why Safin hasn't won French Open that year.

Chesnokov was the best fighter on court Russia ever had. His fighting spirit was legendary. Everyone remembers that Sampras-Chesnokov DC final match, when after Sampras won, they carried him away on stretches. But few remember that in previous tie to that final, in semis, Chesnokov won a clinching fifth rubber 14:12 in the fifth after saving 9 match points against Stich. Chesnokov gave same kind of spirit to Marat and some of it spirit lasted in him through US Open, but not much longer.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
seriously, was anybody actually expecting Sprem to get a wild card? The French will WC the french players. This is how it goes, nothing will change that.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Andrei was a bit before my time... I only remember him from a couple matches... the Sampras Davis Cup one... and that boring final with Chang in some year of Indian Wells :p.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Pierce0415 wrote:
while Russia's Elena Bovina has been benefiting from the tutelage of one of her illustrious compatriots, 1989 semi-finalist Andrei Chesnokov, as well as knocking up with one of French tennis's young hopefuls, 15-year-old Tatiana Golovin.
I wonder if the translator of this piece knows what "knock up" means in American English. :eek:

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Ted of Teds Tennis said:
Pierce0415 wrote:

I wonder if the translator of this piece knows what "knock up" means in American English. :eek:
Just to clear this up...

Elena Bovina is not a lesbian. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts