Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't watch her play like this anymore. I just can't.
All her balls are weak and short, even her usually terrific backhand. I think I just need to forget she is playing in RG every year from now on, because this is too upsetting.
By the way, I am not taking credit off Safarova, who has a really good game. Congrats!!
I am just saying it's really depressing to see your fave who has been in the Top 5 for a few years now and who has 2 GS titles, come here in RG and play like a Top 50 + player....

·
Registered
52,365 Posts
Good news.

And you can stop making useless threads about her too.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
BTW, I think it was much better than last year;-) Her last 2 sets against vaidisova was the worst I have ever seen her play

;-)

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
That's ok.

You can watch her play at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news.

And you can stop making useless threads about her too.
What I am wondering though, is when you will start making useless comments in my useless threads. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
well, she called for a medical time out so.....i guess she's like 60% today physically, and i dunno whatever percent mentally. :tape:

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
She hasn't played well at RG for years. You should have prepared yourself better. She'll undoubtedly do better at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I think Amelie should retire she is satisfied with her career now.The baggage is off her back she has two grand slam titles and one of them was Wimbledon. And Amelie reached no.1. I think its time for her to retire she's just not into tennis anymore.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Let's face it - the Paris clay does not suit Amelie's game at all. It's not quick enough so that her shots have enough penetration to get away from her opponents - her opponents have time to run it all down. It's high bouncing, so her short topspin shots just sit up and beg to be whacked. She doesn't hit powerfully enough often enough to hit through a player.

Add to that her nerves playing in that arena and the recipe for disaster is right there.

Rome is better for her because it's quicker. Berlin is better because though slower, the heavier conditions stop her shots bouncing up into the hitting zone for her opponents quite so much. Paris is the worst of all worlds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts