Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
So many billionaires including our own Chelsea F.C. boss I would recognize. I saw Kylie in Ibiza once, but it was my kids who recognized her cause they watch the show and she was a bit younger.
I agree that Abra can be called self-made, even though he got to be a billionaire thanks to corruption in Jeltsin office on the expense of Russian people :grin2: But you cannot choose the environment you are born in. Russia in the 90s was perfect place for gaining immense wealth by such immoral practices. Although corruption was so normalized there, that it might be immoral only from a western point of view.

Anyways, props to Abra and props to Kiley for making the best out of their situations. Only one of them is self-made though.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I agree that Abra can be called self-made, even though he got to be a billionaire thanks to corruption in Jeltsin office on the expense of Russian people :grin2: But you cannot choose the environment you are born in. Russia in the 90s was perfect place for gaining immense wealth by such immoral practices. Although corruption was so normalized there, that it might be immoral only from a western point of view.

Anyways, props to Abra and props to Kiley for making the best out of their situations. Only one of them is self-made though.
does that matter so much, Kylie is doing it, and not all rich kids become billionaires tbh

Abramovich, with his dutch friend Piet De Visser, who is a former coach here in our country and now scout with Chelsea

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Self made my ass. Privileged and rich since she was born :bigwave:
forbes calls her that, if they didn't include the ''self made'' tag, we wouldn't moan that much i think

first 18 months her company had a profit of 480 million, so it exists now for 2 years and she has 900 million so not bad at such a young age

but yeah it is less inspirational, due to her having had a golden spoon in her mouth since she was born

but it is cool she isn't a lazy rich kid but works for her own money

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Self Made I imagine someone being born in Myanmar with no shoes on their feet.

Not a child born into a wealthy popular family.
The best comparison I've heard is the one with Oprah Winfrey. A billionaire who was raised in relative poverty in rural Mississippi. That's truly self-made. Or perhaps Mark Zuckerberg who started off in life with no connections and no family wealth (albeit his parents were successful middle class professionals able to afford him many privileges). Still, I can see why you would call Kylie Jenner self-made, she's not in the same league as Trump in terms of inheriting wealth and success from the family.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The best comparison I've heard is the one with Oprah Winfrey. A billionaire who was raised in relative poverty in rural Mississippi. That's truly self-made. Or perhaps Mark Zuckerberg who started off in life with no connections and no family wealth (albeit his parents were successful middle class professionals able to afford him many privileges). Still, I can see why you would call Kylie Jenner self-made, she's not in the same league as Trump in terms of inheriting wealth and success from the family.
Mark Zuckerberg had help from some of his harvard friends's connections though

but i agree with you about Oprah

Kylie made her own success, it was her dream to become a successful cosmetics businesswoman, and maybe she wanted to achieve something herself, being famous for something what she created :)

·
Registered
43,639 Posts
Mark Zuckerberg had help from some of his harvard friends's connections though

but i agree with you about Oprah

Kylie made her own success, it was her dream to become a successful cosmetics businesswoman, and maybe she wanted to achieve something herself, being famous for something what she created :)
He wasn't gifted acceptance into Harvard.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I miss the days of Paris & Nicole. Even though they were famous for being famous, they were at least funny. Have these Kandle & Kaylie girls ever done or said anything remotely interesting?

·
Registered
27,449 Posts
I miss the days of Paris & Nicole. Even though they were famous for being famous, they were at least funny. Have these Kandle & Kaylie girls ever done or said anything remotely interesting?
At least Nicole Ritchie is good in the sitcom “Great News”.
All this family Jenner are so boring and lame to me.

·
Registered
39,993 Posts
ACTUAL SELF-MADE BOSSES: Pat McGrath's Makeup Line Now Worth $1 BILLI + Severti Wilson Drops Gems On Becoming 1st Black Female Tech Entrepreneur In NOLA To Raise $2 Million

Jul 18 | by _YBF

News you can use! We've got the deets on two REAL self-made bosses. Get the latest on Pat McGrath's now $1 billion makeup line (yes, you read that right) and Severti Wilson making history in the tech world inside...

With all of the "self-made" entrepreneur talk after Forbes thirst-fully dubbed Kylie Jenner a "self-made boss" after never independently verifying said info, we've got some tidbits about a few actual self-made boss chicks.

Pat McGrath is a legend in the makeup world. Born to a Jamaican single mother, the self taught, fingers-only makeup artist recently took her talents to the lab and created her own makeup line for the masses.

The makeup maven, who's well respected in the entire fashion industry, is NOW the top earner in the beauty industry after multinational investment firm Eurazeo Brands announced it bought a $60 million minority stake in her two-year-old eponymous brand, Pat McGrath Labs. The investment pushed the brand's full valuation at more than $1 billion, according to WWD. Woot! For comparison, Kylie Cosmetics is at an alleged $800 million, according to Kris Jenner.

"It has always been my dream to create an iconic beauty brand that goes beyond the usual limitations, that lives outside the parameters of what is expected. I am thrilled to be working with the unique and expert team at Eurazeo Brands," Pat said in a press release.

Now, Pat McGrath Labs is slated to reach more than $60 million in retail sales this year. #Slay

"We are honored to be working with Pat, whose vision, talent and trailblazing history in the beauty industry have set Pat McGrath Labs up to be one of the most authentic and innovative makeup brands to ever come to market," said Jill Granoff, CEO of Eurazeo Brands, via a press statement. "We're excited to combine our experience of building global beauty and fashion brands with Pat and her team's unmatched creativity and passion." Granoff, who herself has an extensive background in beauty, spent a decade in senior leadership roles at Estée Lauder and in Victoria's Secret's beauty division."

If you've ever picked up one of Pat's palette's in Sephora - you know that price tag that comes with it is WELL worth it. High quality indeed.

By the way, Erazeo's previous investments within the beauty industry include Nest Fragrances. They've also made while its fashion investments in Moncler, Vestiaire Collective and Farfetch.

You can find PatMcGrath Labs in 54 Sephora stores and Sephora.com, where it's a top seller. You can also cop her goodies on her own e-commerce site, PatMcGrathLabs.com.

The British makeup genius, who just turned 53 last week, went from receptionist to makeup artist discovered by Edward Eningful to being the global creative-design director for Max Factor and Cover Girl. She's blessed every supermodel's face with her skills, by the way, and is credited with birthing the idea of pairing loud & unique makeup looks with runway fashion. Now, she's glowing ALL the way up with her own makeup empire. #BossChick

Continued @ http://theybf.com/2018/07/18/real-self-made-bosses-pat-mcgraths-makeup-line-now-worth-1-billion-severti-wilson-becomes

·
Registered
37,761 Posts

ACTUAL SELF-MADE BOSSES: Pat McGrath's Makeup Line Now Worth $1 BILLI + Severti Wilson Drops Gems On Becoming 1st Black Female Tech Entrepreneur In NOLA To Raise $2 Million

Pat's make-up is also way better than Kylie's.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

i'm offended by this, i'm not rich by far, but i know i work more than she does, do lots of chores in and around the house, and there are more people like me who also work hard

41 - 60 of 87 Posts