Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kylie Jenner, the youngest daughter of the reality TV family in “Keeping up with the Kardashians,” is set to become the youngest-ever self-made billionaire, even trumping Mark Zuckerberg’s record, according to Forbes.

The 20-year-old, who launched her own cosmetic line called Kylie Cosmetics less than three years ago, has already accumulated more than $900 million. According to Forbes, she sold more than $630 million worth of makeup since its launch, including an estimated $330 million in 2017. Forbes said it valued her company at nearly $800 million, and Jenner owns 100% of it.

The other $100 million of revenue comes from profits generated from her appearances on her family’s reality show and other social media endorsements. Jenner has over 110 million followers on Instagram.

On Wednesday, the sister of Kim Kardashian West made the cover of Forbes’ America’s Women Billionaires but she’s not just making history as a woman, with another year of growth, she could be the youngest self-made billionaire ever. Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg currently holds the title when he became a billionaire at the age of 23.

Jenner told Forbes that she invested $250,000 of her own money from modeling gigs in 2015 to pay an outside company to produce the first 15,000 of lip kits that eventually launched into a full fletched cosmetic line.

"I said, 'I'm ready to put up my own money. I don't want to do it with anyone else,'” Jenner said.

Her first round of kits sold out in less than a minute. Resellers are even selling her $29 kits on eBay for up to $1,000.

"Before I even refreshed the page, everything was sold out," Jenner said.

However, Forbes noted that Kylie Cosmetics’ growth has started to taper. After leaping to $307 million in 2016, revenue was up just 7% in 2017, despite the addition of 30 products.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/kylie-jenner-set-to-be-the-youngest-ever-self-made-billionaire

·
Registered
182 Posts
She ain’t self made. While she may have become successful she had a huge platform to begin with. She’s worked it, no doubt. But self made. No way.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
'self-made'.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
She ain’t self made. While she may have become successful she had a huge platform to begin with. She’s worked it, no doubt. But self made. No way.
Haha, great (jealous :angel: ) minds think alike. ;)

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'self-made'.
ok, but she invested 250.000 herself into her company, which is now currently worth 900 million

better than Trump when he started his business career, he got 1 million from his father which he invested into his company

and Kylie is a good businesswoman, very smart to be the sole owner of her company as well

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Self-made doesn't have anything to do withe her platform. Weird though it may seem, if she started the company and it makes billions then she's technically a self-made billionaire. If she'd inherited the company through which she'd generated that revenue she wouldn't be self-made.

Self-made does not mean "did it without any existent network or connections."

Reactions: Matmagix

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Our societies. :facepalm: Products to camouflage oneself still earn billions.

Reactions: JaySix

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Self-made doesn't have anything to do withe her platform. Weird though it may seem, if she started the company and it makes billions then she's technically a self-made billionaire. If she'd inherited the company through which she'd generated that revenue she wouldn't be self-made.

Self-made does not mean "did it without any existent network or connections."
i know that kardashian-jenner family has lots of haters

i definitely find Kylie the most normal of the family, and she couldn't help that she is from a rich family, she invested just a tiny bit of her own money into her company and now the billions she's gonna make is her own money, being sole owner to her company

so yeah that's the reason for me being happy for Kylie being a successful businesswoman now, that i find her likeable and very cute

she's only 20 now, so i expect her to make more money now

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
i know that kardashian-jenner family has lots of haters
:D I'm definitely not a fan. As far as Kylie Jenner herself I neither for or against her. The term self-made is generally used in a certain way in business reporting. That's all. Though I applaud the success of anyone who does their own thing successfully in ways I don't see as twisted (as she has), the cosmetics thing in general is a bit ugh to me.

Reactions: Nicky91

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some inherited $500000 instead of investing in sound business ideas and plans, they ended up with bank overdrafts and back to zero. I think she did well with what she had - almost a billion. Wow.

maybe she's the only one who is intelligent in the family then :lol:

and where there are haters, she has 110 million insta followers

mostly teen girls are defending her on social media now :yeah:

·
Registered
19,685 Posts
Some inherited $500000 instead of investing in sound business ideas and plans, they ended up with bank overdrafts and back to zero. I think she did well with what she had - almost a billion. Wow.
definitely it's big no matter where she started off from.

https://people.com/tv/travis-scott-kylie-jenner-forbes-cover-backlash/

In fact the bigger breadwinner in the household, lucky Mr. Scott gets to share :p. Hopefully though he brings something back with a good album release.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
The fact that her sisters were already very famous in social media, plus the fact that they had their own TV show gave Kylie such a big platform to begin with. Even before she started any business activity she would have millions of fans following her just because she is in the Kardashian family. Now she has one of the most popular IG accounts which is how she made the $. She's a social media billionaire. Props to her, but she had a HUGE platform. The opportunity she had is unprecedented. This social media exposure is a much bigger platform than any 1 million dollar donation from daddy. Don't underestimate the power of social media..

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The fact that her sisters were already very famous in social media, plus the fact that they had their own TV show gave Kylie such a big platform to begin with. Even before she started any business activity she would have millions of fans following her just because she is in the Kardashian family. Now she has one of the most popular IG accounts which is how she made the $. She's a social media billionaire. Props to her, but she had a HUGE platform. The opportunity she had is unprecedented. This social media exposure is a much bigger platform than any 1 million dollar donation from daddy. Don't underestimate the power of social media..
mostly because of her IG account

but come on Kylie only took a little advantage of her popularity, sorry but should she haven't become a businesswoman just because she has a better platform than others

sorry we can dislike or like it, but fact is she will become a billionaire with her own company

maybe blame forbes instead that they shouldn't have called the ''self made'' word then

·
Registered
19,685 Posts
Reactions: Nicky91

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh she doesn't, I was only joking. But it might make her new husband happy more than he already is :SNE: but he can make also money in his own right ;)

oh well she can give some money to charity now, if she doesn't she's exposed as really greedy :haha: only joking now

What happened to whatshisname? Tyga?
broke up, and i think Tyga must be crying now, seeing his ex is soon to be a billionaire by next year :lol:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts