Tennis Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 2336 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,825 Posts
lost to Loeb 4-6 2-6 :sad: not best match by Amanda. A lot of errors. On the other side Loeb played very well.

Good luck next week :cheer:

·
Registered
15,080 Posts
Aw I was looking forward to getting to watch Amanda play again. This was her first match on a streamed court.

But she was really out of sorts. Probably 1/3 was the top quality play we've seen before and 2/3 was bad unforced errors. Just wasn't a good day at the office. Loeb moved well, dealt handily with Amanda's pace for the most part and hit some very good serves. Amanda was getting really angry with herself and it seemed a downward spiral.

https://livestream.com/accounts/24043990/events/7531429/videos/160080163

Still a couple more events to grab that USTA wildcard.

·
Registered
15,080 Posts
Anisimova, the youngest player in the Stockton draw, has outstanding credentials already. She is the No. 8 ranked junior in the world, having reached No. 2 in June 2016 after reaching the French Open girls final. She also reached back-to-back USTA Pro Circuit singles finals earlier in the year, earning a wild-card berth to the French Open.

“It was a great experience, and I’m happy that I got the wild card,” Anisimova said. “I wish I could have played better than I did. I definitely have to improve my fitness.The matches there are longer, and those players won’t let you get away with anything.”

Anisimova, who is of Russian descent but born in America, plays like and bears a resemblance to former Russian star Anna Kournikova.

“Everyone tells me I look like Kournikova,” Anisimova said. “She’s really pretty, so I kind of like it.”

Intensity key to straight-sets win - News - recordnet.com - Stockton, CA

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts
Anisimova, the youngest player in the Stockton draw, has outstanding credentials already. She is the No. 8 ranked junior in the world, having reached No. 2 in June 2016 after reaching the French Open girls final. She also reached back-to-back USTA Pro Circuit singles finals earlier in the year, earning a wild-card berth to the French Open.

“It was a great experience, and I’m happy that I got the wild card,” Anisimova said. “I wish I could have played better than I did. I definitely have to improve my fitness.The matches there are longer, and those players won’t let you get away with anything.”

Anisimova, who is of Russian descent but born in America, plays like and bears a resemblance to former Russian star Anna Kournikova.

“Everyone tells me I look like Kournikova,” Anisimova said. “She’s really pretty, so I kind of like it.”

Intensity key to straight-sets win - News - recordnet.com - Stockton, CA
Talent stanning another talent.

·
Registered
15,080 Posts
I think qualies would be good for her, like Potapova at Wimbledon. This year's qualies cut-off is, I think, based on Monday's ranking. So she'd need a wildcard to get in this year.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
OMG... watching the stream and Kween is down 2-6, 0-1* to Simmonds, who literally has nothing to her game! Kween is just misfiring and going for too much. :(
Hopefully she turns this around...

·
Banned
2,202 Posts
I'm trying to stream from the livestream video website and I get a "this video cannot be played on this browser or device" error. Any help? I'm on a Chromebook. Using Chrome. I've always been able to access videos from livestream before.

1001 - 1020 of 2336 Posts