Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2329 Posts

·
пьяная в
64,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Amanda Anisimova

I was so excited after reading she bagelled Zidansek in the 1st set :sobbing: :sad:

Still another great week! :)

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts

Apparently according to zootennis, KWEEN lead 60 20 and then flopped to lose 06 46 16 :sad:

Tough draw at OB. Yikes

(1)Sofia Kenin (USA) v Olga Danilovic (SRB)
Isolde de Jong (NED) v Monika Kilnarova (CZE)
Kylie McKenzie (USA) v Georgia Andreea Craciun (ROU)
(13)Anastasia Potapova (RUS) v (SE)Amanada Anisimova (USA)

(10)Pranjala Yadlapalli (IND) v Sofia Sewing (USA)
Maria Mateas (USA) v Lara Salden (BEL)
(wc)Caty McNally (USA) v Q/LL
(5)Tereza Mihalikova (SVK) v Emiliana Arango (COL)

1r vs Russian Queen.
2r vs Eddie Herr Winner.
3r vs Kenin, who likes to win against my favorite players.
QF vs Mihalikova, AO Jr champ.

·
Registered
37,300 Posts

That is the most insane draw I have ever seen :help:

Shame she lost to Tamara, but she's a good clay courter so she could have dramatically improved her level.

·
пьяная в
64,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)

Amanda vs. Nastya and Olga vs. Kenina in R1, plus Monika being in this section too :hysteric: :eek: :sad:

Eddie Herr pics:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts

KWEEN lost to Potapova 76 26 06
disappointing scoreline but i'd rather her lose to Potapova than to anyone else :hearts:

Anyway, been a good month for her. Hope she can build on this form next year :cheer:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts

It's a shame she lost but Queendrance is the best 2001 player :shrug: It is clear she is #2, just a shame they had to meet so early.

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts

-edit-
also apparently the match was suspended 8 times due to rain :lol: i guess i understood that bagel in the end. kween prolly couldn't get any rhythm during the match.

She had a big ass tape on her arm.

·
Registered
37,300 Posts

She seems to have some injury issues :eek: Perhaps just growing into her body, but it's pretty worrying that she gets injured the week after playing a few matches :scared:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts

I find it interesting that her family have kept the Russian custom of feminising her last name but have given her a very non Russian first name. I mean Kenin's family didn't feminise her name and yet her first name is extremely Russian, to the extent they even use the Russian colloquial form.

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts

KWEEN lied about AO. She withdrew :sad: Guess first GS title has to be put off for a while.

She's playing G1 Coffee Bowl this week though as a first seed :cheer:

·
пьяная в
64,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

:(

I've seen quite a few players choosing to play in South America at the beginning of the year, and skipping the AO and its warm-up G1, and I don't quite understand the logic behind that :unsure: If you can afford to fly to South America, why aren't flying to Oceania where the real deal is? :confused:

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,300 Posts

:(

I've seen quite a few players choosing to play in South America at the beginning of the year, and skipping the AO and its warm-up G1, and I don't quite understand the logic behind that :unsure: If you can afford to fly to South America, why aren't flying to Oceania where the real deal is? :confused:
South America is definitely nearer to the Mericans. And it's much cheaper too in terms of flights.

·
пьяная в
64,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

True, but I've also seen Eastern European players do that to, and Oceania would be nearer I guess? The travel costs are probably the reason behind these choices yeah, but I thought the Federations helped finance their best players' travels at least to the Slams? :[

·
Registered
37,300 Posts

True, but I've also seen Eastern European players do that to, and Oceania would be nearer I guess? The travel costs are probably the reason behind these choices yeah, but I thought the Federations helped finance their best players' travels at least to the Slams? :[
Good federations do. I'm sure if Amanda wanted to play AO she could have but she probably cares more about ranking at this stage. She will play AO in 2017.

61 - 80 of 2329 Posts