Tennis Forum banner
2721 - 2740 of 2756 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
Getting a win or 2 is not out of the question here but TBH isn’t hard to predict anything at the moment.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
She won 6-2 6-1 :eek: (y)
Did anyone watch the match? Was Amanda playing much better or was Kovinic that bad?
Yes, I did, Kovinic was bad, but Amanda was very good, ballstriking good, a lot of winners, served well, 4 aces, 1 DF. The commentator was very impressed.
Her next match will be tougher, but all wins are welcome.

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
What a relief to have a nice easy match. Her next opponent she has beaten before but she was more confident back then. I hope she can do it again.

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
Amanda and Sloane have withdrawn from the doubles. Hopefully nothing serious but she was wearing wrist tape in her first round.

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
Amanda wins 6-1 7-5. If seemed to follow her pattern of flying out the gates and then struggling a little more in the second big another win is just awesome news did her. Can’t wait to see the highlights.

·
Registered
14,735 Posts
Hope she can build up some confidence going into Wimbledon. This tournament is super open for the women, opportunities to go deep for anyone who hits form, just like there was in Roland Garros.

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
Her serving is looking much better too…consistently hitting serves in the 170s which is great to see.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
So happy for Amanda!!! I didn't get to watch it, but I will try to do it now. Another decent tournament after Parma. I know both are small tournaments, but at least, it's a start :)

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
So happy for Amanda!!! I didn't get to watch it, but I will try to do it now. Another decent tournament after Parma. I know both are small tournaments, but at least, it's a start :)
Agreed...although they are small steps they re steps forward none the less

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Her match with Kerber is 3rd match on tonight, ( Thursday), so it could be anytime really.
A free swing, no pressure on her.

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
Amanda goes down 6-2 3-6 3-6

I haven’t watched the match in full but from all accounts and the score line she put up a good fight. Her serve was also pretty good. She is heading in the right direction again.

·
Registered
14,735 Posts
A reasonable effort but not really clean enough against a resurgent Kerber on possibly her favourite surface. Kerber when she finds her form and confidence again is pretty tough, so I wouldn't put it down as a bad loss by any means, however although Amanda has served better during this week, her forehand let her down today at the crucial moments. When under pressure it tended to hit the net, she was getting cramped up on that side. Backhand was still strong right to the end, and she was actually fighting back from 0-4 down in the third, she just left her charge too late.

·
Premium Member
28,371 Posts
I think calling it a reasonable effort is a little harsh. I think it was a really good effort against a resurgent grass coiner great. Given her resent form this week has been a much needed boost.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
process of her matches is almost identical every time, it's question if she manages to win or not the first set but the collapse then is inevitable. if it's because of mentality, fitness or her playing style that maybe isn't sustainable over the entire match I don't know.

2721 - 2740 of 2756 Posts