Tennis Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2721 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
Pretty disappointing result and the manner in which she fell away. Its time for some soul searching I think...hopefully with a little less pressure. I agree she needs to get matches and wins under her belt so even if it was a 100K I would be playing a grass event ASAP.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Amanda playing doubles with Potapova, won 6-2, 6-3 against a French WC team, wasn't aware she was playing, but I must say they are one of the most attractive doubles combinations for some time. :love::D.
They do play the top seeds next, Mertens & Hsieh, so they may not get much further.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I think it’s a shame she hasn’t gone to play Nottingham with such a weak field.
You have to wonder with her schedule, she certainly hasn't overplayed this year due to her getting Covid and any minor injuries.
First week of June, she's played 13 Main draw WTA matches for 6 wins & 1 W25 event, ( her first event in 2021), with 1 win and a WO.

Maybe when she realises her ranking is going south, live ranking is #74, she may get some inspiration.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Hopefully she gets a decent draw and can win a few matches
She has drawn Cornet in round 1, if she wins that, she plays Andreescu who has a first round bye as the #3 seed.
If she could win that, she could come up against either Muguruza or Rybakina, it's a stacked draw.

·
Rise up from ignorance
18,598 Posts
Cornet is all over the place this season. Amanda should win this match.

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
I guess at this stage 1 win is better than nothing...and hopefully if she can get that it can start the ball rolling. Im still confused as to why she is playing this stacked event and not Birmingham and IMO really should have played Nottingham too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
She lost the match against Cornet. Unfortunately, Amanda is a big mess atm. I really hope she can turn things around soon.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Cornet was excellent, retrieving skills wonderfull, Amanda was ordinary bar 10 minutes at the end of the first set.
6-3, 6-1 was a very fair reflection of the match.
Losing in the first round, means no more tennis for another week, impossible to find or get any form.
She should have played a potentially easier event in Birmingham, but that's her choice of course.
Her live ranking right now is #78.

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
The wheels have well and truely fallen off and it’s hard to see how she will find her form now without a drastic change.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The wheels have well and truely fallen off and it’s hard to see how she will find her form now without a drastic change.
I don't think coach is the problem. They seem to have a good relationship. Maybe it's the pressure that's getting to her and this losses aren't helping her confidence at all. I would suggest she talks with sport psychologist to figure out what's wrong.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
She plays TODAY, Sunday, second match on centre court.

These Sunday start events are annoying, however due to Wimbledon next week, it can't be helped.

2701 - 2720 of 2721 Posts