Tennis Forum banner

2401 - 2417 of 2417 Posts

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
I would have fancied her to take out a slumping Svitolina in R2 about a month ago with Carlos at the helm, now I'm not so sure she even gets past in form Alexandrova.

·
Premium Member
27,132 Posts
I mean she will come out of it eventually hit it will take time. It might even take a year or 2 to fully re-invest in tennis again because of what’s happened. We just have to be patient and not expect too much.

·
Premium Member
27,132 Posts
I have to say Im pleasently surprised by her win today against a really in form and tough opponent.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
she played i would think easily her best match of the year, consistency wise.

she couldn't get svitolina at a better time, by her standards, she has been very average. maybe having to much fun with gael, not that it's a bad thing, maybe lost her tennis hunger.

great chance for amanda.

·
Premium Member
27,132 Posts
What a phenominal result for her. Im so happy for her. Hopefully she can keep it up. The best she has played this year.

Does anyone know who her knew coach is?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
great performance.
the comms, pete odgers and sophie amiach were drooling about her power and forehand.

either kuznetsova or swiatek next, both winnable.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
unfortunately, amanda has withdrawn from her match with a GI illness, giving kuznetsova a walkover.

amanda just can't take a break, she has played her best tennis of the year this week, and now this.
the tennis god's are certainly not with her at the moment.

·
Registered
290 Posts
This sucks. But we all, especially Amanda, can be positive about this week, her match against Svitolina was really good. Next, Indian Wells!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Amanda back on a tennis court today in the West Palm Beach, UTR Pro Match Series.

A Fast4 Format, Collins winning 4-1, 4-2.

She then lost to Ali Riske 0-4, 4-0, 4-3, ( 8-6).

Saw some of this match, had two match points in the breaker but couldn't convert.
Good to see her back on court, some reasonable tennis from both players considering the break, although i felt from my very average eagle eye, she looked a little out of condition compared to riske.

She has also been announced as a player in the 16 player field of the Charleston Women's Invitational, in a "Laver Cup" format starting on June 23rd, running for 6 days.
A great field assembled including, Andreescu, Kenin, Keys, Azarenka, Stephens, Bouchard and Collins among them.

2401 - 2417 of 2417 Posts