Tennis Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 2417 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Looks like Amanda will be playing mixed with Kyrgios at the AO too
they are obviously good friends, and if nick doesn't try to showoff to much and keeps concentration long enough, i actually think they could do well. maybe amanda will have to control him

a mixed doubles slam title would be nice to get her career going.( hantuchova won all 4 mixed with different partners, they all count at the end of your career.)

if they do end up playing, i would think they would get court 9, not much interest for the public.

·
Premium Member
27,132 Posts
Shocking loss for Amanda today against Diaz...she made so many errors and Diaz capitalised by keeping the ball in play. She was no where near her best...she didn’t look right and her non dominant shoulder was strapped. Pretty devastated by the loss...she had the draw to go far.

There is my AO done with Sharapova and Amanda both out of the tournament on day 2.

·
Registered
84,910 Posts

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Yeah she's still a teenager, she'll need a year or two to come to terms with her dad not being there. Even full adults in their mid late twenties and far beyond struggle to cope with losing their parents.

Regarding the loss against Diyas I am rather disappointed. I guess if her left shoulder was strapped that was always going to be a problem, given how much she relies on her amazing backhand. Also, twinges of pain will tend to interfere with your timing and cause unforced errors.

·
Premium Member
27,132 Posts
I guess sometimes it’s easy to forget how young she is but also what she has gone through in the last few months. I wonder what will happen between her and Carlos.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
doesn't make any sense to split with Carlos right now, I'm sure at least Carlos wouldn't do that judging by his statements since he always said it's long process.

This looks clearly like a transition season, honestly I have always thought that Amanda right now is overanked, I mean she doesn't have at this time a ranking that reflects really the stability of her game, she (was) so high pretty much cause of that amazing run in Paris but she's vulnerable against a lot of players with worst ranking than her, Bouchard match says a lot about that. We need and she needs to stay patient.

Rather I'm more curious about her schedule, Amanda still very young and she needs to play more in this stage of her career to improve but between injuries and the fatal tragedy she really didn't play too much in the last 2 years, I think she should play more events not only in USA this season, she definitely should play Dubai and/or Doha for example.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
That’s a really poor decision from that reporter. Poor Amanda
some reporters really have no idea.

as to the match, as i said in the match thread, zarina played annoyingly well, getting almost everything back, and amanda ran out of patience many times. the best player deservedly won today.

a lot has gone on in her life in the last 6 months, us posters think she has a great life, but she's still so young and all players take their own time to make it.

a loss like this will hurt, but that's good, it's what comes in her next tournaments where we will see how she copes.
i think she's tough enough, but she will rue a missed opportunity today.

·
Registered
84,910 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,132 Posts
I would have preferred she played Mexico and potentially aim to win it given how little matches she has played the last 6 months...in those events she isn’t likely to get past round 2 given current form and everything else she is having to deal with at the moment.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
the draw for the mixed doubles has been made, amanda and nick are playing.
their first round opponents are a (WC)pair, adamczak and vega hernandez.

good luck, i'm sure aussie tv here will feature it very prominently as we must get our nick fix.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree, it would wiser for her to play in Acapulco. Pretty weird decision ,in my opinion, for her team to schedule her to play back to back tournaments with deep fields, when it's obvious she won't be in her best form at the beginning of year for known reasons. She would be one of favorites easily there for a title. I wonder how rest of the year will look for her.

2361 - 2380 of 2417 Posts