Tennis Forum banner

2321 - 2329 of 2329 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,503 Posts
Somehow she has risen up to 21 in the rankings despite barely playing. Hoping she can stay inside the top 24 by the time AO comes around.

·
Premium Member
26,503 Posts
NEW YORK POST

By Marc Berman

American teenager Amanda Anisimova has signed a whopping new long-term endorsement deal with Nike worth in the Maria Sharapova neighborhood, according to tennis sources.

The deal for the 18-year-old is believed to be one of the largest ever for a teenager. Sharapova is soon to finish up an eight-year Nike deal worth $70 million.

Anisimova, who was born in Freehold, N.J. to Russian parents and moved to Florida when she was 3, is currently ranked 21st – the youngest women’s player in the top 60. She is an up-and-coming star after reaching the French Open semifinals in June at age 17.

Tennis insiders believe that Anisimova faring so strongly on clay at her near 6-foot stature was a significant indication of potential greatness.

As a junior, Anisimova won the 2017 U.S. Open girls’ title, beating the other teenage sensation, Coco Gauff, in the final. Anisimova has only played the main event at the Open once, losing in the first round in 2018. Anisimova missed the 2019 U.S. Open because of the death of her father/coach Konstantin and hasn’t played much since.

Women’s tennis is on solid ground, even if Serena Williams retires shortly. Anisimova, Gauff, 2018 Open champion Naomi Osaka and the new U.S. Open champion, Bianca Andreescu of Canada, makes for a compelling future.

·
Premium Member
26,503 Posts
Whilst on one had I think its great and I want nothing more for her than huge success and stardom and having her own line like Serena and Maria...I dont think she has had the results yet to back up this sort of deal. Its a lot of pressure and can lead to huge scrutiny if the results dont come instantly. Max is good at making things happen and creating global superstars but I think she is in a delicate phase ATM and I would hate for this to go horribly wrong because of increased scrutiny.

·
Premium Member
26,503 Posts
I wonder what Amanda’s schedule will look like fir the early part of the season.

I hope she picks Auckland and the AO...mainly just because I think Auckland will be a softer re-entry back into the tour and should allow her the potential to get some much needed matches under her belt.

·
Registered
10,833 Posts
Still no interview with Carlos Rodriguez

Why he took the job

Why the partnership ends after the AO

Ect....

·
Premium Member
26,503 Posts
Carolos is a very private a professional person. He isnt interested in fame and glory like Patrick and Sasha...she is about hardwork behind closed doors. You wont get a statement out of him.

The way I read the contract is not that it will end after AO but rather that the arrangement will be reviewed after the AO to see if the partnership is working.

2321 - 2329 of 2329 Posts