Tennis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 2329 Posts

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
"There were a little bit of nerves at the end," she admitted. "But my coach told me to stay calm and just play by point, so that's what I tried to do."
----------

Hmm, where have we heard that before??!
"Just stay calm and play point by point!" :eek:h:

Nick Saviano must have this strategy for almost winning a tennis match, trademarked lol.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Amanda :hug:

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
what an epic choke. :sad:
she prolly had a meltdown during the match too. but she's still young. hopefully she will start playing more senior tournaments.
No meltdowns, but just epic choke. Nerves got her.
She was levels above her opponent, it was shocking that she lost even if not her best towards the end. Last few games didn't move her feet.

·
🐟🐟
4,180 Posts
It's a pity to lose a match this way, but Amanda shouldn't feel like a loser here. She can learn so much from this experience - how to play at this level, how to win at this level, how to deal with all the sudden attention. She should already be proud of herself and don't forget her mission in New York is far from being over yet :yeah:

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Great week even if that was an epic meltdown. She will learn more from this as a loss than if she won. She is only 14, she will obviously have many more opportunities.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Great week even if that was an epic meltdown. She will learn more from this as a loss than if she won. She is only 14, she will obviously have many more opportunities.
She'll be 15 next week, but still very young considering girls 6 to 8 years older than her are still trying to break-in to the pros...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
It was a real pleasure to sit courtside and watch Amanda absolutely dump on this Spanish girl with a very annoying and ridiculously loud team. Amanda also looks amazing in person :hearts:

Her power is immense and she hits winners from literally anywhere on the court. She kind of faltered in the second set but still finished off strong. She also has the foundations for a good transition game but literally missed every volley, anyway, coming forward is a skill that could set her apart from the rest in the future.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
Her power is immense and she hits winners from literally anywhere on the court. She kind of faltered in the second set but still finished off strong. She also has the foundations for a good transition game but literally missed every volley, anyway, coming forward is a skill that could set her apart from the rest in the future.
Good to know that at least she's trying to come forward. :sobbing:

I'm really hopeful that she learns to use nuance and have variety in her game. Obviously, she is a great ball-striker, but that alone is not enough to beat the better defenders in the game. From what I've seen, she also has the drop shot, which is a great option in today's game. She has plenty of time to develop. ;)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Would you compare her to Madison Keys in some aspects? How would you compare her to Keys at this age?

Also, is she as good or better than Claire Liu?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Good to know that at least she's trying to come forward. :sobbing:

I'm really hopeful that she learns to use nuance and have variety in her game. Obviously, she is a great ball-striker, but that alone is not enough to beat the better defenders in the game. From what I've seen, she also has the drop shot, which is a great option in today's game. She has plenty of time to develop. ;)
Yup, she used the drop shot really well :hearts:

^And to the poster about Madison, well they're both powerful and insanely talented. I don't think Madison developed the nuances in her game at that age so she's struggling a little with elite counterpunchers now, but should overcome them soon, and I believe the different aspects of Amanda's game should give her a headstart once she starts to face these kind of players on tour!

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's being streamed on WatchESPN for those who have it. I'll have to watch the replay later.
I just got home from work and surprised her match was going to be streamed.

BTW, does anyone know her height? She seemed so much taller than her opponent and the chair ump.

·
Registered
90 Posts
KWEEN advances to R3 with a score of 6-3 6-2 in just under an hour. She played pretty good but had too many DFs and UF Errors. Her doubles match will be later on today.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Poor girl :hug: She'll have her chances in the future. Hope she feels better!

201 - 220 of 2329 Posts