Tennis Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2329 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Amanda won this title in a way that I would never have imagined, I mean after all those defeats in the third set she won 4 matches this week as truly fighter, I think this is the best thing of her tournament, more then her level of tennis which wasn't that good except yesterday but a win is a win and also the fact she survived to long match means her fitness is improving.

So for the first months of this season she achieved already:

-first 4th round in a major ✅
-first title ✅
-best ranking ✅
-top 30 in the race ✅

Considering this was my best case scenario for the entire season Not too bad. Now take that deserved rest, everything for the rest of clay season is a plus.

·
Registered
50,575 Posts
Congrats on winning your 1st WTA title, Amanda ! :hearts: :) :banana:

She was far more talented. Very happy that Amanda saved the WTA :drool:
Once again Amanda showed great fighting spirit. Like a champion should fight ;)
Her outfit was ugly. Her black night outfit looked sooo much better ...

Bye servebot Sharma :bigwave:
Her game is ugly. Glad that Amanda stopped her.

·
Premium Member
26,498 Posts
Such an amazing achievement. What impressed me the most was her ability to work it out and win even not playing her with conditions that dont suit her game. The first of many titles. I hope she has a rest now until Rome.

·
Premium Member
26,498 Posts
Madrid and Rome is a bit much I think. She has played so many tournaments in a row. I know she hasnt played many matches but I would wait until Rome to play again. Careers are a marathon not a sprint.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Madrid and Rome is a bit much I think. She has played so many tournaments in a row. I know she hasnt played many matches but I would wait until Rome to play again. Careers are a marathon not a sprint.
Maybe... but Madrid is 3 weeks away.. I bet she is just excited to play a full clay season. If she waited to play Rome and lost her first match there, then she goes into RG with no wins on European clay. Maybe she’ll be alright.
I’m curious to see where she’ll play on grass.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I guess she will get a wild card in Madrid, they gave one to Felix this year and one to Kostyuk last year, not confident about Rome since they privilege local players.

·
Registered
18,053 Posts
Well deserved!!!

2001 - 2020 of 2329 Posts