Tennis Forum banner

St. Petersburg final: Kvitova vs. Mladenovic - who will be the winner?

• Petra in 2

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Petra in 3

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Kiki in 2

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Kiki in 3

Votes: 12 14.8%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for me, it should be Petra, since from what Ive just seen in Kasatkina vs. Mladenovic match, Mlad did even have problems with this extremely fat Russian youngster, which is a mystery for me.

Petra is in a way better form this week and should win the title here.

·
Registered
16,162 Posts
Petra if in final form should rout Mladenovic.

Nothing about Kiki's game this week has impressed me. She's not yet at her early 2017 level yet.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Petra if in final form should rout Mladenovic.

Nothing about Kiki's game this week has impressed me. She's not yet at her early 2017 level yet.
Petra leads the H2H 4:1 incl. one bagel. And she likes to play lesser power players. Better option than having to face Kasatkinas retrieved balls again and again.

·
Registered
22,496 Posts
It's hilarious Mladenovic is in the final. Fortunately, Petra is in GODtra mode and will end the nonsense joke with relative ease tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I think Petra will win.

I like both so will be happy with whoever wins. I want Petra back in the top 10 asap so the more points and wins she gets the better, especially in this half of the year when she has nothing to defend. But it’ll be great if Kiki defends her title after all those months of not being able to get past a first round match.

·
Registered
33,033 Posts
Petra leads the H2H 4:1 incl. one bagel. And she likes to play lesser power players. Better option than having to face Kasatkinas retrieved balls again and again.
The H2H is not conclusive, at all. I don't give any credence to a bagel from 4 years ago, before Kiki even started to play her best tennis. Clearly Kiki is very comfortable on this surface in St. Petersburg. I think she'll play better tomorrow than today. Still, Petra in 3.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Watch Madonna wins this now and stays in top 10.

Reactions: Hanan Ubis

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
Mladenovic is playing well. She's fought off all the demons to get back in winning mode.
Petra also is playing well.
Would be nice if Mladenovic could win after that long period of drought. But if Petra wins, it's also a great story.
So God luck to both ladies. This is what most WTA finals should look like. Power vs Power. Enough of the pushing stuff.

·
Registered
22,496 Posts
Reactions: NYCTennisRep

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
Rooting for GOATra who seems to be loving the indoor conditions and fast surface (to be fair Kiki is too).

However, even though both won in 3 today, I think Mladenovic has the advantage if it goes to 3 sets. She really wants to defend this title.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Petra is not playing anywhere near her best. But she is at a pretty good level.

Mladenovic's serve & forehand were not clicking today. Her QF form was much better.

Either way, Petra will probably win. But Mladenovic in her QF form could keep it close.

·
Honorary Admin
99,448 Posts
Petra is not playing anywhere near her best. But she is at a pretty good level.

Mladenovic's serve & forehand were not clicking today. Her QF form was much better.

Either way, Petra will probably win. But Mladenovic in her QF form could keep it close.
exactly my thoughts! If Kiki plays like she did in QF it will be a good match! But if not, Petra will win easily I think... I voted Petra in 2 because of their H2H... (which means nothing I know :lol: )

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Petra should win it, Petra better win it.
Her game is amplified SO MUCH by these conditions. Win another Indoor title girl. :cheer:

You must have missed her 15-match losing streak.
Losing streaks don't last forever though :lol:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
Please don't disappoint us petra.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts