Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to Venus for fighting so hard even when she obviously wasn't at her best. That is the mark of a great champion, as monica said after the match.

Also also a nod to her for her gracious comments, which is nothing surprising, since she does that all the time, but some people still don't accept it, so it's worth mentioning.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
STILL The Best.

What?????

I'm the first one to post an applause for Venus in here????

Not surprised.:rolleyes:

Good FIGHT Venus Williams!:kiss:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Way to Go Venus!

I am so proud of you and your fighting spirit! Most would have retired. You are truly an "A" #1 sportswoman!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Well, I haven't seen the match yet, nor have I read the interview,but it sounds like it was hard fought on both sides.
I think Venus is always gracious - both in defeat and in victory. (So is Seles, for that matter.)
Ruth in PA USA

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Congrats to Venus, I am so please to see all the nice exchange between those two players both after the match and during the interviews. Thanks Venus for some great matches here, you will be missed in this championship.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yeah Venus! Rest and get better! :)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Kudos to Venus for a great fight and for her kind words afterwards. She is trulyone classy lady. I can't wait to go home and see the match.:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
I ´ve seen the match and only can congratulate both women!!!
Venus fought really really hard but at hte end Seles deserved to win the match!

GO Venus:kiss:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Good match, VENUS. I was very impressed how well VENUS played her matches while obviously injured and under some discomfort.

VENUS, get back to full power and take Roland Garros!!

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Congrats to Venus you have a heart like a lioness:) What a fighter.:) Congrats to Seles for bringing home the win.:) And kudos for their classy praise for one another.

Venus rest and relax, you deserve it:)

Monica take this all the way baby:)

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Venus does deserve credit...

The Venus that so many non fans usually complain about - quitting matches, pulling out etc, really has to be reevaluated after seeing her stay and fight it out against mOnica like that..

BOTH players were fighting their own demons - Monica's cold sounded awful in her press confereence, and Venus was ina bit of discomfort, but she was still fit enough to be competitive in lots of long, searching rallies...

But credit to Venus for fighting like a champion...She won brownie points in my book...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes, Venus made gracious comments and fought throughout the match, but she lost because Monica played better, not because of an injury that didn't have any visible effect.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Agreed, Venus is a classy girl:)

It's a shame some people insist on judging certain players by some remarks they made years ago as an inxeperienced teenager.

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Thanks to all the classy fans who are man and women enough to give Venus Credit:)

Czechfan thank you for your kind words about Venus. Even though you don't care for her at least you had the guts and heart to come in here and give credit where it's due. :)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I am so proud her. She really went out there and gave it her all.
As far as I'm concerned she has nothing to hang her head about.
We have to play with the cards we are given, and that's what she did.

love ya Venus!!

and Congrats to Monica on a great match!!

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Well said Moon, I wish though that more tennis fans, Monica fans would come in here though and give her credit. You know if it were anyone else this topic would be packed with praise. Sad though that more people dislike Venus more so then Love tennis.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Venus was great!!! I SO enjoyed this match with two great champions, each fighting adversity of her own, both leaving EVERYTHING on the court, without any griping, fussing, whining, arguing -- two professionals doing NOTHING AT ALL EXCEPT playing tennis -- beautiful, wonderful, hard-fought tennis! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

WOW!! It was so refreshing! Get better soon, Vee! :kiss:

·
Registered
910 Posts
So Venus lost? What was the score? Where was I? I knew I was supposed to watch something last night.

Congrats to the winner, (Monica?) and good fighting from the defeated one (don't like the word loser) since I heard it was a tough macth.

And I missed it! :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts