Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so happy to see two really compelling matches in such an important stage, we have not seen such exciting matches for such a long long time.

I was wrong when I predicted two blowouts
Let's hope for a great final.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Talk about fighting spirit, heart, belief in oneself and just true game. Amelie and Serena could be interchangeable when those adjectives are used for today's match. I loved today's match and while I'm happy that Serena won, to see Amelie play the way she did was amazing and then to have both women going tit for tat was even better. I think I gained a new perspective with Amelie today as I gained even more respect for Serena.

I haven't seen Lindsay/Maria yet, but I am happy that Lindsay came so far - it's unfortunate that she was under the radar for most of the tournament but she was very good coming in and kudos for her showing.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
What thrilling matches for both semis. Both serena and maria have played their finals, wonder where they will summon the energy for the actual final. This is one of those situations where no one deserves to lose.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
very true! I hope we get to see a great quality final as well. Of course it kind of hurts watching when your fave is not there because youre always thinking of what *could* have happened, you know, but I hope to see a good match. Congratulations to all the semifinalists and the eventual champion, whomever that is.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
wongqks said:
I am so happy to see two really compelling matches in such an important stage, we have not seen such exciting matches for such a long long time.

I was wrong when I predicted two blowouts
Let's hope for a great final.
I thought the French had some exciting matches. Good quality? No. But exciting? Yes. I will never forget how tense it was when Myskina was serving for the match v. Venus :eek: . And all the early round battles? This has been an interesting grand slam year, Wimby just added a bit more quality to the mix.

:bounce: You rock WTA! :bounce:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
very true! I hope we get to see a great quality final as well. Of course it kind of hurts watching when your fave is not there because youre always thinking of what *could* have happened, you know, but I hope to see a good match. Congratulations to all the semifinalists and the eventual champion, whomever that is.
:sad: :wavey: :sad: Damn I was hoping for a Lindsay win. I think the belief a la Serena just wasnt there.

·
Registered
199,011 Posts
Great no smashing down on the 4 semi-finalists, here. Indeed great semis to watch. :D

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
i agree, the wta needed these matches today badly, people were starting to take the piss after the quarters :rolleyes:

well done lindsay, serena, amelie and maria!! :)

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Yes McEnroe had to eat his words, having gone off on a rant on the BBC the night before about how useless the womens matches were,

All four players were a credit to the sport and provided really engrossing competitive and high-quality matches on Centre Court. There are a lot of good women's matches, but they often don't come on Centre Court, where too often we see Top Tenners having 6-2 6-0 victories in 45 minutes. Then everyone disses womens' tennis.

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
fantastic thread!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: to all four players who gave us a real treat!
best of luck to Serena and Maria on saturday!

·
Registered
556 Posts
i thought those were the best semis in a while, simply great, great tennis!!!

and yeah this is what WTA needed... well done ladies, you made me proud for being a tennis fan today!!!! :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts