Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is Diana Russia’s next biggest prospect? Unusual to have Russian players without a surname ending in ova/eva/a.
I would say she is among the biggest Russian prospects, along with her peer Erika Andreeva (2004), the '2003 trinity' - Slekhmeteva, Timofeeva and P. Kudermetova.
From the younger (2005 and then) - Mirra Andreeva (2007) is by far the most exciting Russian player, followed by Alina Korneeva (2007), Anastasiia Gureva (2005) and probably her teammates Elena Pridankina (2005) and Yaroslava Bartashevich (2005).

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would say she is among the biggest Russian prospects, along with her peer Erika Andreeva (2004), the '2003 trinity' - Slekhmeteva, Timofeeva and P. Kudermetova.
From the younger (2005 and then) - Mirra Andreeva (2007) is by far the most exciting Russian player, followed by Alina Korneeva (2007), Anastasiia Gureva (2005) and probably her teammates Elena Pridankina (2005) and Yaroslava Bartashevich (2005).
Why can't I see Knesia 16-year-old grand slam winner on this list?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well done to her on winning that but she failed to make it past the next qualifying round against another russian wildcard, let's no go calling her a future grand slam winner just yet.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Is Diana Russia’s next biggest prospect? Unusual to have Russian players without a surname ending in ova/eva/a.
Sounds eerily similar to the German Schneider, which means Taylor. Maybe she's descendant of Volga Germans or something

·
Premium Member
Ksenia Efremova
1,126 Posts
Efremova is biggest Russian prospect. That's the fact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts