Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought Lina Krasnoroutskaya was the best of the Russian brigagde. Then she got injured. I realize she is very young and has a great future ahead of her. That shouldn't be questioned. But at one point, I thought she might be a potential top 5 player. I'm having doubts. Lots of time, injuries kill a player's original momentum, and they're never able to reach heights that once seemed attainable. In my mind, the loss to Kutsova yesterday was very telling for Krasnoroutskaya. It's a match she should have won, and she lost rather convincingly. It makes you suspect if her mental toughness has been dimmed. Anxious to hear other thoughts on this, particularly Eggy's.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
The terrible ankle injury Lina suffered at the 2002 Australian Open a dangerous and sticky Rebound Ace court was a devastating blow to Lina's potential! :sad: She really had a chance to build on her excellent 2001 season. But the ankle injury and subsequent horrible treatment by Doctors ruined Lina's year and put her career in jeapardy. That was such a shame! :fiery:

I have always wondered about lovely Lina's mental toughness. And getting routined yesterday by a 14 year old girl playing her first WTA Tour match proves that Lina lacks mental toughness. But she can play good tennis under the right circumstances. I still think and hope she can become a top 20 tennis player. But I would be very surprised if she ever made the top ten. It's very hard to fully recover from a devastating injury.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.