Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anna K will fall to a ranking of about 155 next Monday when her SD points come off.

I believe that she has been continuously in the top 100 since September 1996, so this will end her streak.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Anna who?
everytime theres an anna topic, someone says this.

GET NEW MATERIAL.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
So now martina Hingis will be no. 99...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Its not like she is going to have to play qualies...are we suppose to feel sorry for her...because as much as I'm a fan, I think she should stop taking WC's and work her way thru qualies, if for nothing else, to get some matches under her belt.

BTW...she is on the cover of Maxim...

·
Banned
241 Posts
whiteplains said:
Its not like she is going to have to play qualies...are we suppose to feel sorry for her...because as much as I'm a fan, I think she should stop taking WC's and work her way thru qualies, if for nothing else, to get some matches under her belt.

BTW...she is on the cover of Maxim...
dont worry, she will have plenty WC's to come around
as she will appear on the gold exempt list, once again that is...:)
and also that injury ranking certainly wont hurt......:)
but crashing out 1R in a 25K like that, it's really sad,
hopefully she'll start playing small events in her come back,
maybe she'll pull a Goran...:)

·
Registered
122,495 Posts
With all the time this year that Anna had to miss with back problems. And with Anna saying those problems could be chronic.
There is no way Anna is ever playing qualifiers.

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
vogus said:
Anna K will fall to a ranking of about 155 next Monday when her SD points come off.
Actually, #155 proved quite a lucky ranking for someone else (though with Anna's injuries, its probably ova for her re. singles). I still think she and Marti could anchor a doubles circuit including recently retired players like ASV and active ones not in singles @ an event (or knocked out in the Q's & R1).

·
Registered
122,495 Posts
Lucyfer, I agree with you if Anna can come back and stay healthy.
Anna played doubles last week and looked good.
If she can play singles day after day without reinjuring her back, I think her skills are still there.

Reactions: the cat

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOL!!

OK!

When i read this thread's title i had like a 'back to the future" experience.

2003, ok. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.